Chapter 1; Despair

This chapter should be somewhat sad so if you cry easily then beware!
I do not own the song/video at the top.

////////////

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Shuichi hyperventilated rapidly, tears flowing out of his eyes faster than rivers, Kaede's arms wrapped around him in a tight hug. He wouldn't quit saying things like,"I'm going to die!" And "I'll never see you again!"

His heart panged in disappointment, he was so close. He almost made it through. He almost made it to 18. But he was too incompetent. Now he just decided to accept his fate.

Kaede didn't know what to do other than hug Shuichi and comfort him. They didn't have much time before he'd be taken away along with Kokichi, the female contestant for district 12.

"Look, Shuichi, you're strong, you'll get through this somehow! I promise. And you'll be able to see your parents and sister one day too. Maybe even soon." Kaede tried, but this only made him cry harder. His emotions conflicted and tore him apart from the inside as despair attempted to take over his whole body. And so far, it succeeded.

Kaede hushed him, trying to calm him down. They didn't want this. And they were sure no one else did either. If they did then they must be utterly disgusting individuals. All of them.

"Alright, you have to go. Now." A peacekeeper's booming voice entered the emotional scene. As Shuichi made no move to leave, the peacekeeper called over their colleges, many peacekeepers had to pull Shuichi away from Kaede.

All Kaede could do was watch helplessly as her best friend was taken away, his arms and legs flailing like a small child's would as he sobbed loudly, begging to not have to go. But it was hopeless. Despair had already set it's victims.

Shuichi had eventually given up, all of his clothes packed into a bag and his hat on his head. He felt shivers up his spine as he met up with Kokichi, who seemed to be complying much nicer than he was. Almost as if she was... scared?

Kokichi gave him a forced yet bright grin,"Hey Saihara-Chan!"

At this, Shuichi only sighed,"Hey, Kokichi.."

Kokichi then frowned as they walked to the train. "Saihara-Chan! You look sad! We're you talking to your family just before? Saying goodbye?"

Shuichi shook his head, deciding that for whatever reason he wanted to provide a random stranger with personal details. "No, my family left to the Capitol a month or so ago. I was talking with my best friend, Kaede. What about you? Saying goodbye to your mom or sister?"

Kokichi shook her head with a wide grin, "Nope~! I haven't seen my family since I was eight! I was just ordering my super secret evil organization about what to do while I'm gone~!" She let out an adorable giggle.

Shuichi couldn't help but notice the way Kokichi's voice sounded hoarse and strained.

"Super secret evil organization? What?"
"Yep~! I am a supreme leader, after all! Nishishishi~!"

////////////

Kokichi stood at the front of the room that was designated for D.I.C.E to meet at. "Okay, so I'm leaving it to you! You guys run it all while I'm away! All will be well and I'll return safely somehow! Promise!"

"Kokichi! You shouldn't lie or joke at a time like this you little..!" The sentence was cut off by a choked sob from the speaker, who ran up and gave Kokichi a tight hug,"DON'T LEAVE US!"

Kokichi stroked their hair gently, speaking gently,"I will be back. I promise! Make sure you guys support me and blue-boy as much as you can, okay?"