Prologue

I was lost finding my own pieces from the past, with the dim reality that kept bugging my hush of fortune.

I was at my own game but then you came and now that we broke apart, missing pieces are still in the search. I'm trying to move on just like the wind breeze so stop showing intentions.

I'm not the same anymore, don't fool yourself.

"Lala, do I look good?" I asked my secretary. I am wearing a blue formal dress that fits my curves, paired with black heels.

I often receive lots of good feedbacks base on what I wear or how I manage to take good care of my posture and aura but I truly do not know on the off chance if I see great nowadays, I'm confronting the man from my past.

I'm facing the man who broke my heart four years ago.

"Good as always, Ma'am," she gave me a sweet smile. "Uhm, ito po 'yung blueprints na pinadala ni Architect Ava po regarding sa project mo sa Makati."

She then placed the blueprints in front of me. It was from the Engineer in-charge. It was a project of my friend's restaurant, Clark Viste. I personally asked Ava to handle it since I can't handle a lot of major projects all at the same time.

I just sighed and stared at the material for a couple of seconds. Reminiscing my foolish and selfless moments from the past.

Isang multo ng nakaraan na nakatatak na sa isip ko mula pa no'ng mangyari 'yon. The blueprint is one of the material that kept on reminding my worst night mare from the past.

This is the damn reason why I met that asshole! And I'll see him again after four fucking years.

I actually didn't know how or what to react when I saw his name being the Head Engineer of that resort in Batangas. But all I know is... this is not good. Imagine working with your ex fiancé?

Lala and I already walked towards the meeting room. I'm still under an Architectural Firm, owned and managed by Sir Louie Viste—Clark's father. I am planning to build my own firm too but I then realized that I'm still young and I still need to learn a lot before doing that.

Breathe in, breathe out, Cassandra. You need to be ready. Any minute from now.... you're going to see that jerk again.

You're going to see him again.

The man from the edges of my broken pieces, the man who chose to make me feel pressured, unworthy, and worthless.

Reminiscing those days on how stupid I am for letting him hurt me. The pain wasn't fragment because the way it taught me to never trust again anymore, to never fall for him anymore was heart-breaking, painful and dark just like his name.

When entered the room, luckily he's still not here. The meeting room is not that hot but I can feel my damn sweat touching my skin. Not thinking that I might be just embarrassed with my own thoughts later.

Na baka matagal na rin siyang may bago at ako nalang ang napag-iwanan sa aming dalawa.

"Good day, Sir." I formally greeted Sir Louie, with a small smile plastered on my face, enough to showcase my dimples. He then stood up and walked towards me.

"Good to see you again, Architect," he smiled and then took my hand.

Sir Louie is also a good looking man at his age. No wonder his son is handsome too. Clark is my bestfriend from New York by the way.

"Likewise, Sir." I nodded.

"Clark is always story telling your works and I must say it's impressive with that age of yours," he complimented so I just smiled more.