Prologue

Nia's POV
Nine years ago

"Ugh another day in this hell hole", is the first thing I would normally say but today was different. Today is my 12th birthday and let's just say it was like any other regular day to me, by regular I mean I wake up and hide all the hurt I have billed up for the strangest of reason. Sometimes I just want to let go but just to see them every day as I wake gets me back to the place I hate so badly. Ever since I came back to this house things have changed for one I have a new "big" sister ugh I actually hate her guts, since she magically appeared she's been changing things at it is. It's bad enough I feel like the outcast already but now I feel even worse. Gosh if I can hate this house any more, my stepmom has totally become the evil stepmom in cinderella but I don't see myself as cinderella because I know she's just apart of a made-up story tail. My sister came marching in my room,

Kate: Yah get up and help Ana make breakfast. I hate when she comes and demands me to do stuff she should be doing. Kate has only been living in this house ever since I came back and she's been making my life a living nightmare.

(A/n: Ana is the housemaid)

Nia: why don't you do it, your the oldest isn't it?

Kate: you really want to get at it this early? You know I can easily go to Lila and she'll tell you to do it. Stupid brat. I hate it when she does that, lil snitch. Ever since she's been here I and Lila have been at it. I completely hate Lila now that kate is here.

Nia: I don't care to do what you want.

Kate: fine have it your way! Go ahead, Bitch.

She shouted, let me tell you about Kate. My sister Kate came alone when we moved to Hollywood. They said she is my father's daughter that he lost contact with Kate and Bryan are the only kids that are Americans I on the other hand is the only child for my father that is Japanese. My father is Japanese and so is my mother, Kate's mother is an American, and no my stepmom isn't her mother either. The only child that my stepmom has for my dad is Bryan. Bryan is cool he can be a little annoying but he's cool. Five minutes after my sister came to get me my stepmom came barging in my room.

Lila: you little witch I sent kate to tell you to help ana in the kitchen  didn't I? And here comes the mother of all my problems.

Nia: yes. Like I really care if she calls me.

Lila: so why are you still in this damn bed? Get your ass up and get to the kitchen before I make you!

I walked to the kitchen and saw that ana has already started to make breakfast.

Ana: good morning young mistress happy birthday my child.

Nia: thank you ana, it is nice to see someone actually remembered that I was actually born. Ana and Byran are people who actually acknowledge my presence. Ana actually understands a lot of the things that happen in this house. She is the only person I have that is the closest to a mother I have. As everyone knows I hardly even seen my mother. What you can basically say is that we don't really have a relationship.

Ana: don't say that young mistress I'm sure your father remembers. I gave her the "real" look.

Nia: Oh come on ana we both know that isn't the case. I would be surprised to see if he actually remembers I live here. My father actually could care less about me, he doesn't even know when my birthday is, the only time I see my dad is when I'm forced to have dinner as a "family".

Ana: I see, well your mother called she wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Wow

Nia: I don't want to hear what she has to say.

Ana: when will you put all this behind you, my child? Isn't it tiring already? When I finally stop caring.

No, I said and walked away I don't want anything to do with my mother. I'm dying for the day when I go off to college and meet new people so I can hurry up and get out of here. When that day comes I'll be the happiest child that lives.

A/n: hey guys it's my first book published and I know that it's kind of confusing but enjoy reading everything will make sense very soon.😌sorry for the confusion.