Chapter 9 "Spirit World"

They soon left to start trying to go to the spirit world and I let out a sigh as I stayed by myself away from everyone.

"You okay?" Bumi asked as he leaned against the wall.

"Could he.. could Unalaq be lying about me not being Koda's daughter?" I asked softly.

"We will just have to ask Koda when this is over." He said sitting beside me.

I let out a sigh and brought my knees to my chest.

"Do you want him to be lying?" He asked softly.

"I don't know... yes... no... maybe? I just... I've never felt like I belonged in the Water Tribe... I've always felt like an outcast." I said softly.

He nodded his head and sent me a small smile.

"No matter what, I'll always be here for you kid." He said as he pulled me into a side hug.

"Thanks Bumi." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

We soon decided to sneak and listen to Tenzin and then meditate. I hide with the others and listened to Tenzin snap at Korra.

"What's going on with you? First, you're blaming Meelo, then Kya, and now me." Korra said as she looked at Tenzin.

"Well, nothing is feeling right to me." Tenzin said with a frown.

"I don't want to rush your feelings, but we're kind of in a hurry. How did you first get into the Spirit World? Let's try that."

"Well ... actually, I've never been into the Spirit World." Tenzin said as he let out a sigh.

We all looked out and our eyes went wide as we looked at him.

"You've never been into the Spirit World?" Korra asked in shock.

"But you used to spend days in the temple meditating." Pema said as we stepped out.

"Trying to get in. It never happened. It's my greatest shortcoming as an airbender, spiritual leader, and son of Aang."

"Welcome to the "I Disappoint Dad" club." Bumi said with a chuckle.

"If you've never been to the Spirit World, how were you planning to get Korra into it?" Kya asked with a frown.

"I've spent years studying the techniques and theories of ancient spiritual leaders. Now that the Avatar needs me, it must be my time." Tenzin said softly.

"Tenzin, Harmonic Convergence is almost here. If Vaatu escapes from the Spirit World—"

"You have to trust me. I can help you." Tenzin said cutting off Korra.

"There might be another way. Jinora, is there something you want to tell Korra?" Kya asked looking at her.

"Jinora? She's too young and untrained to have any knowledge about spiritual matters." Tenzin said with a frown.

"Actually, I think I do know where Korra needs to go to get into the Spirit World." She said as she looked at the ground.

"And how would you know that?" Tenzin asked as we all looked at her.

"My spirit friends showed me. It's okay. You can show yourselves." Jinora said softly.

I soon saw a group of flying bunnies appear and I let out a gasp.

"How did you do that?" Tenzin asked as they swarmed around us.

"Jinora." Pema said in shock.

"Bunnies!" Meelo exclaimed as he jumped up and tried to catch one.

"Actually, they're dragonfly bunny spirits."

"I knew it. Looks like she does know something about spiritual matters." Kya said as she looked at Tenzin.

I watched them fly away and let out a sigh as Meelo and Ikki took off after them.

"How long have you been able to do this?" Tenzin asked softly.

"I don't know. I guess I've always kind of had a connection with spirits." Jinora said as one of the bunnies flew around me and Bumi.

"I think this one likes me." Bumi said as it flew up to him.

"Are they here to help?" Korra asked softly.

"I think they want you to go down there." Jinora said as she pointed to where they flew off to.

"I don't know. The spiritual energy is historically strongest near the temple." Tenzin said with a frown.

"No offense, but I'm guessing the spirits have actually been to the Spirit World, so I'm gonna follow them."

"If we need to go to the Tenzin World, we'll call you." Bumi said as he put his arm around Tenzin's neck.