Chapter 8 "Lessons"

For the next few days I spent it training with Tenzin and learning about the air nomads. I put everything that had happen to the back of my head and decided to just enjoy my time with everyone.

"Take in a deep breath and let out a deep breath." He said as I stood beside him.

I did what he said and he sent me a small smile.

"Good, now I want you to push out a gust of air."

I did what he said and he nodded his head.

"Good, now make a ship out of air. Like this." He said as he showed me the motions.

I followed his instructions and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Very good." He said with a nod of his head.

"How long did it take you to Master airbending?" I asked softly.

"Years, so if you can't do some of the things I show you, it will be fine." He said as he sent me a small smile.

"So... what are your thoughts on... the whole... father thing?"

"Well... if I am your father... I have a lot to catch up on." He said with a chuckle.

I nodded my head and he turned to look at me.

"Akari, it would be an honor for me to be your father... and even if I'm not, I will do everything I can to help you find who he is." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Thank you." I said softly.

"Your welcome."

"He is lying." A voice said from behind me.

I backed up and took my stance.

"He doesn't care about you, and if you are his daughter... he would probably kill himself." Amon said as he stood in front of me.

"Ready?" Tenzin asked calmly.

"Born ready." I said as Amon disappeared.

We went back to training and soon by the end of the day I had learned a total of five airbending techniques.

"I'm... Tenzin.. could we not tell anyone that Koda isn't my father? Just for now." I said softly.

"Of course, I'll talk to everyone. Luckily only Jinora knows." He said softly.

After a while it was time to go to the next temple.

"Stop telling lies." Kya said as I walked into the courtyard.

"It's true. I once beat an earthbender in a rock-throwing contest! I have the trophy to prove it." Bumi said as I walked up to him.

"All right, who's ready for an exciting tour of the Eastern Air Temple? We've got a lot to see today, including ancient statues, ancient gardens, and the meditation hall used by ancient airbenders." Tenzin said as he walked up to us.

"Yay. Old things." Ikki said with a groan.

"Korra?" Tenzin asked shocked.

I turned and my eyes went wide as the kids ran up and hugged Korra.

"What are you doing here?" Pema asked softly.

"Oh, I've missed you!" Ikki exclaimed.

"And how did you know where to find us?" Kya asked softly.

"Tenzin's itinerary. We went over it like a hundred times before we left Republic City." Korra said softly.

"See? This is why schedules are important." Tenzin said as he looked at Bumi and Kya.

"It's so great to see you all again." Korra said softly.

"It's great to see you too, but why aren't you training at the South Pole?"

"Wait, you don't know about the Civil War?" Korra asked shocked.

"What? No. We've been out of touch with the outside world since we started our vacation."

"Tenzin's idea. What happened?" Bumi asked shocked.

"So much. I-I don't know where to start." Korra said as she looked away.

"Just tell us everything!" Tenzin exclaimed.

"Everything? Okay. I opened a spirit portal at the South Pole, but then Unalaq turned out to be a bad guy and wanted to take control of the South, so I sort of started a Civil War, but when I went to find some help, I was attacked by my cousins, and then by a giant dark spirit, and then I forgot who I was, and then I met the first Avatar, and then I realized I shouldn't have opened the portal in the first place, and now I need to close it again!" Korra said quickly.

"I knew this would happen." Tenzin said as he let out a sigh.

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I never trusted that guy." I said angrily.

"That isn't all though." Korra said as she looked at me.

"What else did he do?"

"He forced your father to banish you. He said that if he didn't... Koda would be removed and a new chief would take his place."

"So... he didn't want to banish me?" I asked softly.

"No one did." She said softly.

"Korra... I punched your father." I said as I covered my mouth.

"Yea... he told me. Don't worry he isn't mad." She said as she sent me a smile.

She then explained everything else to us and I stayed beside Bumi.

"So Avatar Wan imprisoned this dark spirit Vaatu in the Spirit World?" Tenzin asked with a frown.

"Yes, and now I think my uncle is trying to free him." Korra said softly.

"I knew Unalaq was hungry for power, but never realized how far he would go to get it." Tenzin said as he let out a sigh.

"This is all my fault."

"No, don't blame yourself. This is Unalaq's doing. Now, we must focus on setting things right before he can do any more damage."

"Thank you."

"So, you need to close the Southern portal, but if Unalaq's army controls the South, how are we going to get to it?"

"I thought about that. My best chance to close the portal is from the inside. I have to enter the Spirit World."

"A journey to the Spirit World. All my years of spiritual training have prepared me for this moment. I will help you. Today, we enter the Spirit World." Tenzin said as he sent her a smile.