🌼FOURTEEN 🌼

I yawned tiredly, rolling to the side as my hands touched something - or someone! I got up swiftly.

  "Mm, look who's up,"

  "Philip!" My sleepy eyes stood active. Philp, what are you...?"

  "Rise and shine, sleepy head! Breakfast is ready." He announced and added with a grin, "Thought you might be hungry."

  I pulled the mattress down to my legs and looked down at my bosom, realizing I still had his oversized shirt on. "God, my head."

  "Does it hurt?" He asked, placing the tray on my legs. "Let me see."

  "It's only a headache, you know? I'm not dying." I smiled as he went on examining me.

  I loved his kind gestures towards me; the way he cared and didn't mind if I was a bother in any way.

  Last night when he asked me to put on his shirt having a pineapple design on it, I had thought he was joking, not until he insisted that I put it on since there was no way I could sleep with a party dress on.

  We talked in the process as I ate the slices of bread laced with jam and the cup of cocoa he had served me with.

  I had breakfast with him and we talked. I wondered why he didn't want to eat alongside, and I asked him, "Why don't you want to eat?"

  He moistened his lips and answered. "I'm not yet hungry."

  I frowned and shrugged the feelings off. "Well, if you say so."

  I arched forward, getting a hold of the teacup as my hair came loose. "Oh, not again!"

  "Here. Let me." He said and took the ribbon from me.

  He pulled behind me a little, taking my hair in his hand, as he got it all fixed up.

  "Had a little sister once," He said, and I looked at him.

   "Had?"

  "Yep! She had pretty brown hair like yours," He went on.

  "W-well what happened?"

   "Well, months after my parents died in that car crash, and my brother, Lionel, was nowhere to be found - my little sister, Rachael grew ill of pneumonia, and after a few days of battling with it, died." He narrated, the sadness in his voice clearly made out.

  I couldn't believe his parents weren't the only people he had lost. Poor guy, tears dropped from my eyes as I listened, and I quickly wiped them off. "I'm so sorry, Philip. I can't believe you went through all that."

  "Heh. My life's complicated," He chuckled and got up. "You should rest a little before you go shower. You know, cause of gas."

  Not being able to say a word or anything, not after all that I'd heard, I just gave a nod as I watched him leave.

  My conscience pricked, knowing I was keeping something from him - something only I knew. I felt sorry knowing how wrong it was doing so. And, also how bad it was keeping him in the dark. I have to make things right. I have to.

DEREK'S P.O.V

  "What have I done? How am I going to tell my friends that Márcia and I broke up?" I talked to myself, having no idea when my roommate walked in.

  "Dude, what's for lunch?"

  I chuckled and shook my head. "You're asking me?"