17 - Only this would happen to me

Start from the beginning

At that moment my dad, my brother Dan, Stefan and Jake burst into the room.

“Thank god Ellie!” My dad yelled.

“I’m so sorry for everything I ever said to you, you’re the best sister anyone could ever have!” My brother smiled sadly.

“You are so lucky you didn’t leave me bitch, I would miss you too much!” Jake chuckled.

“Good to see you Ellie,” Stefan smiled.

At that moment I looked around at my closest friends and family and before I could say anything, I burst into tears.

“I love you guys so much!” I yelled through my sobs.

They all came in to give me a group hug.

This is what my afternoon consisted of. Jake filled me in on the goss about school and what people have been saying. Turns out I have be out for a bit over two weeks!

It finally hit 8 o’clock and they had to go. I smiled and said my goodbye, they promised to come back tomorrow.

I laid here on the hospital thinking, about Damon. He had never come back when he went to tell the others I was awake and that was about 10 hours ago. I thought he would have at least came and checked on me. I needed to apologise and I missed his cuddles.

I was being lightly shaken. I was woken up.

“Damon?” I murmured. I looked up and saw it was Stefan.

“Sorry to disappoint you, it’s just me,” He smiled.

“Could be worse,” I smirked.

I looked at the time and it read 3:43am. What the hell?

“Oh god, what’s wrong?” I asked sitting up.

“Nothing’s wrong, just stay rested,” He smiled.

He looked at me and at first I thought he was checking me out, but no it wasn’t that.

“Oh my god Stefan! Not again!” I screeched and shut my eyes tightly.

“Ellie look at me, please.” He begged.

“No,” I told him firmly.

“Listen, you and I both know I can get your eyes open in a split second, I just don’t want it to go down that way okay.” He told me.

“Just tell me why?” I asked.

“We can’t let what happened to you happen again,” He told me.

I opened my eyes slowly.

“It was not yours or Damons fault at all, this stuff just happens okay,” I replied.

“No you’re wrong, this ‘stuff’ follows us wherever we go, bad things are always going to happen. I can let that happen to you.” I replied.

“No, no, no,” I shook my head.

“It’s too late, we have to leave.” He told me sadly.

“What! Leave! No, please don’t.” I begged. “Wait, what do you mean too late?”

He just looked at me.

“Where’s Damon?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Stefan, WHERE IS DAMON!?” I asked again.

“Ellie, he’s packing, we’re leaving tonight. Whether you like it or not, I am so sorry, really I am.” He told me.

He looked into my eyes again, and they were starting to dilate.

NO! I screamed in my mind, I had to do something, anything.

I grabbed the photo frame that was on the bedside table and snapped it.

Damon looked at me, confused. He realised what I was doing but it was too late I had already stuck the wood deep inside his stomach. He gave me an annoyed look before he passed out.

Of course I wasn’t aiming for his heart, I’m not that much of a horrible person. This will just knock him out for an hour or so, that was probably barely only enough time.

I pulled the cords out of my arms and immediately felt weaker. I pulled my legs of the bed and stuffed them into my shoes.

I hadn’t walked in weeks, it felt weird. I nearly fell over.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

I kept repeating in my head.

It was at that moment I realised I looked like a patient. I grabbed Stefans coat off him and slipped it onto me. I rushed out of the hospital and sprinted down the hallway. Luckily no one stopped me.

I was outside and it was freezing. My teeth were chattering. I tried to focus on the road, I kept walking. It felt like I was floating, I couldn’t feel my legs properly.

I was still walking, I didn’t know where I was going but I kept walking. It was like my legs were doing their own thing. It felt like it had been hours.

Finally my legs stopped moving and I looked up at the building I was standing outside of, it was a house actually. It looked familiar. Damon’s house! That is why I am here, I need Damon.

I knocked on the door, continuously. I kept knocking and knocking. A figure appeared.

“Ellie….” He whispered.

I could tell by his features it was indeed Damon.

“Damon, I need you.” I whispered. “You promised, you promised you would never leave me. Please don’t break that promise when I need you the most.”

His eyes were watering.

“It’s not your fault, this shit happens and I would rather go through hell and be by your side then live another second without waking up without your beautiful face next to me,” I took a deep breath, “Please, I am begging you.”

A tear slid down my face and Damon still had said nothing.

“Okay,” He said.

“Okay?” I questioned.

“You’re right, you are so right. I don’t know what I was thinking, I don’t want to leave you, these two past weekes have been hell. I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you Ellie Montana you beautiful being.” He whispered.

I smiled. Another tear slid down my cheek, a happy smile.

I laughed.

“You think this is a good time to laugh?” Damon raised an eyebrow.

“I just can’t believe it,” I chuckled louder.

“Believe what?” He asked.

“You, you admit, you admitted I was right and that you were wrong.” I grinned.

He smirked. “That I did.”

I smiled and he pulled me in for a long lasting hug.

“Where’s Stefan?” He asked. “He was coming to talk to you.”

“Oh, well that’s a funny story…” I trailed off.

_______________________________

A/N: Okay I know, I know! It’s been forever since I updated but I am on holidays now! Woo bring on summer and Christmas!

What do you think? Does it still flow or have I lost my touch?

Leave your comments (negative or positive) below and vote if you love it! :D

Thanks guys, and I promise the next one won’t be nearly as long a wait! You’ll see… soon ;)