4 - Who keeps blood in their fridge!

"Damon come on, we have been running for hours!" I moaned. Eh, I can't breathe. Seriously I need to survive? Camping isn't that dangerous.

"Honey, we haven't even run half a block yet." He said trying to push me further.

Okay, maybe he is right about the half a block thing. Still, there's no need for this.

I had a plan.

"Damon........" I stretched.

"What now?" He was annoyed.

"I need to use the little girls room." Always worked.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Damon if I need to go I need to go!" I was yelling now.

"Fine fine, there's a 24 hour petrol station across the road. You go in and out. I'll be waiting here." He demanded.

Pfft, yeah right I thought.

I didn't need to go toilet, but I was rather hungry. I was lucky there was some money in my pocket. I bought; a hotdog in batter, hot chips with salad on the side, three cookies and a big glass of chocolate milk. Okay so when I say I'm hungry I'm REALLY hungry. I sat down and started digging in. I was still eating 20 minutes later when Damon walked in.

"What the hell are you doing! Are you eating!?" He was shocked.

I shrugged.

"We're leaving now." He told me.

"NO! I still have food left" I growled.

He wasn't convinced.

"I did buy you a cookie though!" I grinned with my mouth full of food.

"Seriously, I don't know how people can stand being around you." He smirked.

I laughed.

"People can't help but love me!" I screeched. I was in a happy mood now.

"Well why we're here and looks like we're not going anywhere anytime soon, lets talk." He said.

Talk ergh okay..

"Alright, now you tell me why I would need to survive in camping, like come on. I have been camping plenty of times." I said.

He didn't say anything.

"Damon." I wanted an answer.

"What if I say my brother could attack you?" He asked.

I laughed.

"Okay well then what if I say I just wanted to spend time with you?" He asked without looking at me.

"Wait what? Mr Damon Salvatore the guy every girl was in love with let alone he's a jerk and doesn't give a crap about anyone, wants to spend time with me?" I was laughing. Jeez, they just kept getting better and better.

"Whatever forget it. You're right." He got up and walked away.

What! Did he take offence to that? Oh well I was going to be his little play thing, even though I knew I was falling for him....

I went home and only got a couple of hours sleep before I had to get ready for school.

As I got there I did my usual things; said hello to everyone, got ready for my next class and headed to class to start my day.

"What the hell did you do to Damon!?" Stefan appeared out of nowhere.

"Woah, what?" I asked puzzled.

"He comes home talking about you really early in the morning then takes off and I haven't seen him since." He was getting angry. It was weird seeing Stefan angry.

"Excuse me, he called me. He came into my room and dragged me outside to go running so I would be ready to run if I had to. To run if I had to survive when we go camping alright! He's just crazy." I told him.

All colour drained from Stefans face.

"What's wrong? I asked.

"Eh, don't worry. See you in class." Then he walked away. Okay the strangeness surely runs in the family.

School went slow. Classes seemed to go four hours on end. I half expected to see Damon at school, but that'd just be stupid because he doesn't even go to school so why would he be here? Maybe it was just hope. I decided to go talk to him. Maybe even say sorry.

I got a lift home from my friends mum. Went up stairs and went straight to my phone because I had left it home. Two text messages.

Damon: I'm sorry.

Woah, he was saying sorry to me!? That was unexpected. I didn't reply to him.

Stefan: Camping tonight?

Me: Uh, don't think so, sorry.

Stefan: Alright maybe tomorrow night.

I didn't reply. I got changed into a high waist skirt and a tank top that went well. Then just some flats. Brushed my hair and was ready to go.

It took me exactly 67 minutes to walk to Damon and Stefans house. It probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. I wasn't sweating or anything, which was good.

I knocked on the door, no answer. I knocked again, still no answer. The door was unlocked, so surely they won't mind if I come in. I walked into the big house, this was the second time I had been in here. Nothing had changed.

"Hellooooo?" I called. This time I did get an answer.

"Be down in a couple of minutes, make yourself at home." Damon called back.

Make myself at home? Not the smartest thing someone could say to someone like me! I dived straight to the fridge, dying of thirst. I didn't want water, but there was a jug with red liquid in there. I didn't know whether it was wine or cordial. I poured myself a glass anyway. I began drinking it but spat it out straight away.

"ERGHHHHHHH!" I screamed throwing the glass away. It smashed, oops. Seriously what the hell was that? It tasted like iron and was disgusting. It tasted a lot like blood, but who would have blood in the fridge, especially in a jug!

I turned around and slammed straight into Damon. 

"Ow, you right there! Standing right behind me." I was in shock.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" He demanded.

"Uh, making myself at home.. That's what you said right? Now I'm thirsty and all you've got is some kind of blood in the fridge. I'm guessing it's for cooking or something right?" I asked.

"You could say that." He smirked.

"Right..." I was confused.

"You know, I'm kind of thirsty myself." He gave me a wicked grin showing all his teeth then backed me into the corner.

Oh boy.

_________________________________________________________________

Do you like it?

Oh I keep forgetting to say that I don't own either Stefan or Damon Salvatore!

Please comment and vote!

Thanks guys,

Jazz