Chapter 4

Eventually Arthur and I had found and killed the beast quite easily actually. Then again back there when we were with Hosea earlier the bear had taken a lot of bullets to the skin , So it probably lost a lot of blood. "Hey Arthur ... you need help skinning that thing"I offered. "Nah I'm good but thanks for the concern y/n" Arthur said taking out his hunting knife. I gave Arthur a silent warm smile and returned it back.

For some reason his smile made me blush and look away with a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest. I just ignore that feel but looking back at it now I shouldn't have. The small noises of the bears skin being cut was oddly a satisfying sound to hear as I look off into the warm colors of the sun setting. Icefall suddenly nuzzled his snout into my hand wanting some attention. I let a warm chuckle escape my lips.

"Hey Arthur"I asked with a smile while I still patted icefall's snout and neck. Arthur just hummed for me to continue. I then stopped patting icefall and turned around now facing Arthur. "Should we start headin back to camp or set one here" I asked waiting for him to answer. Arthur thought about it for a moment as he put the bears pelt on his black shire horse.

"I think we should make a camp here just to be safer"Arthur then said making his decision. I nodded in agreement. "I'll go find some fire wood you stay here and set up the tents"I say as i started to walk away. "Sure thing boss"Arthur said in a tensing manner. I roll my eyes as I walked into the dark forest.

As I was collecting some fire wood I heard a noise that sounded like someone or something had stepped on a branch making it crack. I hover my hand above my gun holster just in case. "Whoever is there show yourself"I say in a warning tone. All I received was silence, no answer. 'I'm probably imagining things' I thought to myself.

Suddenly I felt something small and fluffy nuzzle into my leg. I quickly look down and see a puppy husky with a collar on looking up at me with big different colored eyes. "Awww hi there little guy are you lost"I say kneeling down and setting the wood in my hands on the ground beside me. The dog only weeps for an answer with a head tilt. "Well don't worry—" I say while looking at the dogs name collar.

"Blizz I'll take care of you"I say adding on to my sentence now petting the husky. blizz barks happily and runs  around me in a small circle which puts a smile to my face. "Hey you wanna help me go get some more fire wood blizz"I say standing up and picking up the wood that I set on the floor.blizz barks and wages his tail. "I'll take that as a yes then" I say with a chuckle.

I star to walk and noticed the tiny dog started to follow me with a protective walk. I giggled at the tiny dogs actions and continue on looking for fire wood. When I got back to the small camp blizz started to growl at Arthur as soon as he saw him. "No down blizz Arthur's a friend mine" I say and immediately the dog stoped growling. Blizz walks over to Arthur, jumps onto his lap and starts to lick his face as an apology.

Arthur pushes the dog away from his face with a chuckle and starts to pet blizz giving him belly rubs. "I see you made a new friend"Arthur says with a warm smile towards me. That smile........that warm smile made me blush again and I hade to look away from it. "Y-yeah found him in the forest while I was lookin for the fire wood"y/n said setting up the campfire. "Well what are you gonna do with this little rascals"Arthur said.

I soon heard a growl come from the small dog and Arthur then corrected himself. "Sorry,sorry I mean little guy not at all a rascal". I giggled and looked  over at Arthur and said "I was gonna take him back to camp in the morning ,see if dad will let me keep him". "Well....good look with convincin Dutch with that"Arthur said setting blizz on the floor as I then walked over and sat next to the other gunslinger. Silence washed over us as we both watched the warm fire flames burn the wood underneath it.

I sighed and looked at the two horses then at blizz. The dog was laying by the fire falling asleep. The two other animals were also falling asleep as they laid on the grass. I looked at Arthur's black shire and suddenly asked with a soft tone of voice "did you give it a name yet". Arthur was confused but soon understood as I nodded my head in the direction of the huge horse.

"No not yet"Arthur said with a sigh. silence the came back but I soon broke it. "D-do you want me to help you pick a name Arthur"I said while I nervously rubbed the nape of my neck. Arthur shrugged and simply said "sure". We spent hours trying to figure a name for the horse. At least it felt like hours.

We had finally decided on the name midnight.

Comment if you like
Posted:may 27,2020