Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, Danni. I'll be fine" She pulled away a little, meeting her soft gaze. "As long as I have you, I'll be fine"

Danni gave her an 'okay' nod but her eyes were lingering on Avery's lips. She wanted so bad to brush those soft lips with hers. She wanted to keep her in her arms but Avery looked away, breaking the gaze and pulled away completely from her embrace.

"You coming?" asked Avery as she was walking inside the house.

"Yeah" she said softly, following her. "Do you want anything specific to eat"

"Uhh, no anything would be fine by me"

"Okay. Well, I'll see you later"

"Mm-hmm"

She went upstairs while Danni went to the kitchen seeing Robert and Abigail working.

"Hey, guys"

"Hey, Danni. Long time no see" said Abigail.

"Yeah, sorry about that"

"The last time I saw you, you were locking lips with my daughter" He joked.

Her eyes went wide and she blushed. Abigail smirked at her, making her feel more embarrassed and they both burst into laughter at her face.

"That's not funny!" She chuckled.

"You are naughty" said Abigail.

"I'm not!" she said as she was bringing the ingredients. "Could we please just work and not talk about making out or stuff like that?"

"Sure" they both replied.

"How is Ben?" asked Abigail.

"He returned to school and he is so happy"

"That's wonderful!" said Robert. "Finally he could live his life without worrying and so are you"

"Yep, that's for sure, I'm happy he is with me" She smiled at the thought and continued her work.

***************************

Avery finished her lunch that Abigail served and she wanted Danni to serve her instead. She wanted to see her one last time before leaving the house and going to Gray's. She arrived at his house and rang the doorbell, he opened the door for her, giving her a warm smile and let her enter.

"Come on in. I hope you did what I asked for"

"I did" She took out the papers and handed them to him. "Good now all what we need to do is revise them, word by word and I'll do the rest. Have a seat" He motioned for her to sit on the couch and she complied.

"Thanks"

"Let's start"

"Okay"

They began working together, reading the article and comparing it to the photographs that they took together before. During their work, he brushed his hand near hers more than once and she remembered Danni's word about being cautious, and in the middle of their work, her phone rang.

"Excuse me"

"Sure" He nodded at her.

"Hey, April, what's up?"

"Hey, are you working with Gray?"

"Yes"

"Remind me of the project's name"

"The Amaryllis. Why?"

"... That's weird"

"Why is it weird?" She frowned.

"Because I was hanging out with Cassidy and I mentioned what you were doing with Gray. She did that project 3 months ago and usually we don't make two copies of the same project and when she said its name I connected it with your project"

"What are you saying?"

"I don't know but I think you have to change yours or otherwise they would think you cheated or something"

"Thanks. I'll see what I can do. Bye" She hung up and turned to Raymond with a frown as she sat beside him. "Professor Gray... Why are we doing this project?"

"Because it's important and it will give you great opportunity in finding a job after graduation and will raise your grades of course"

"Yeah but didn't someone made the same project 3 months ago? And it's prohibited to repeat the same project, right?"

He was silent for a moment as he placed his scotch down and wiped his mouth. "I see it now; I guess I was right"

"Right about what?"

"You knew that this project was done before and here you are..." He placed his hand on her thigh and went up softly and she frowned. "You are at my house, offering yourself to me"

He said softly, looking at her lips then he attacked her like a tiger attacking its prey. He held her tightly as he was kissing her hard. She pushed him away with all her strength, giving him a slap across his face that made him angry. She started to run away but he grabbed her from her leg causing her to fall on the ground on her stomach and she screamed for help. He turned her body around and she squirmed underneath him, trying to hit his face but he pinned her hands on the ground but she used her knees to kick him in the stomach and he groaned loudly in pain.

She got up from the floor and so did he. He grabbed her from the waist harshly, digging his nails into her flesh and pulled her towards him and whispered in her ear.

"You wanted this Avery, you knew why I brought you here!" He hissed.

She tried to escape from his grip but he was gripping her hard. Her eyes turned watery and she kept trying to push him away until she used her head to struck him on his nose, knocking him hard. He grumbled from the pain and she kicked him in the balls when he dug his nails in her wrist. He kept groaning and she took the chance and ran away, leaving the house and into her car, driving away with red marks over her body from resisting his advances.

She was crying hard on her way home that all she saw was a blur from her excessive tears. Danni was right about Raymond Gray, a sex predator, a wolf disguised as a sheep. She should've believed her in the first place but she didn't and now she regrets that.