Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we talk a lot these days and I do really like her... I can't believe I wanted her out of the house"

"That was the old you" said April. "Now, the new you, is busy and compassionate and we love seeing that part of yours again, right Steve?"

"Definitely"

"Did you meet your father's new bride to be?"

"Yes. I meet her and her son, Rick"

"How old is Rick?"

"The same as we are"

"Is he hot?" asked April excitedly.

"Excuse me! I'm right here, your boyfriend"

"Sorry babe, just curious" She kissed him and turned back to Avery who was smiling at them.

"To answer your question, yes. He is very handsome"

"So that means he will be your new boyfriend?" She winked.

"... I don't know" She frowned and started checking her papers again with a crease between her brows. "I think I'm too busy to think about being in a relationship now, besides if Harper married my dad, he will be like my step brother and it will be disgusting"

"You look like you have someone on your mind" said April narrowing her eyes.

"Nooo. Why would you think that?"

"Because the Avery I know would try and get to know any handsome boy she meets even if he will be your step brother"

"Nah... after what Ryan did to me I think I need a break from all this. Just need to focus on college, that's my priority"

April turned to Steve. "Yeah, she definitely changed"

"Told you"

"I heard that!"

"But seriously Ave, I'm proud of you"

"So do I"

"Thanks guys" She beamed at them and they enjoyed their time together before the end of the day.

****************************

As Danni went to her other job, she parked her vespa and Avery drove in her car and parked it in her garage.

"Hi" said Avery.

"Hey"

"You are here... early!"

"Yeah, I finished working at the garage today"

"Good because I'm starving and I'm leaving in like an hour"

"Where are you headed?"

"To Gray's house. We have to finish the project today. We just need to do the last touches tonight and then it will be over. Hopefully"

She frowned. "That's great, Avery... but at his house? Don't you think it's a little bit odd?"

"Yeah, I thought that at first but he told me that he wouldn't go to college today for some reason. I think it's about the project though. I know what you are thinking and don't worry about me I can handle myself"

"I trust you but I don't trust him" She stepped closer, feeling worried about her. "It's just I heard those rumors about him that I can't get them out of my mind and the fact that he invited you to come over to his home at night is worrying me as shit"

At this moment Danni didn't realize that she was standing closer to her with one hand on her arm, squeezing it from the worry, and Avery didn't seem to mind that sweet gesture, and this closeness between them. Danni's eyes showed concern and worry about Avery and Avery appreciated that and showed her appreciation by hugging Danni tightly. Danni at first was surprised but in her heart she wanted to have her in her arms all day long, so she tightened the grip.