Heaven's Tears Chp. 1 [Galley-La x OC]

*****I have started this as it's own book! Titled 'Heaven's Tears'.******

Okay so since I made this new book (in a sleep-deprived and way too exhausted state last night -_- #regrets) I went back through my old writings and found a few pieces that I thought might interest... well hopefully someone :P

This is the beginning of a story I had started as a Galley-La x Reader one shot, but it evolved and then I got an idea for an OC instead so this is what ended up happening. I do have a few more chapters of this and if I ever finish it I will make a separate book for it, but for now it'll stay here in my weird ideas book.

Golden light filtered in through the two large windows on the far side of the room, bathing the worn tables in a soothing, somewhat melancholy, glow. The bottles behind the large bar occupying the back wall twinkled in varying shades of green, brown, and white, casting faint sparkles onto the old wooden floorboards.

A lone woman moved quietly through the tavern, placing chairs at the different tables and lining up pitchers behind the bar, readying for opening time. She worked in silence, her movements practised for the most part, only hesitating over the small selection of quality alcohols stored under the bar. After a moment's thought she shook her head and left them where they sat, turning her attention to the closed door across the room.

The bustle of the city could be heard just beyond the old brown panels. The woman took in a quiet breath before slowly letting it out, enjoying the far off shouts and laughs of people going about their daily business, the whinnies of yagara as they travelled through the canals, and the constant splashes and trickles of water that quickly vanish into the background of the mind.

The woman turned to rearrange the bottles standing behind the bar and let a happy smile lift her lips. It was that sound, the ever present whisper of the liquid element, which had tempted her into pausing her journey here. Well, that and the fact that her money had run out.

She lifted a hand and brushed her long red hair out of her eyes before it immediately fell back into her face. I feel like I was meant to stop here, she thought as her eyes lifted to the reflected windows in the mirror before her. A delivery boy ran by carrying a large package on his head, stumbling a bit before catching himself and hurrying on with an unfaltering smile.

The people here are so happy and open.

"Pippa! Piiiiiippa!"

The frantic call was muffled as it came through the wall. The woman let out a gentle sigh before leaving the bar and making for the kitchen.

"What is it, Yuki-?" she pushed through the swinging doors before pulling up short.

Laughter burst from her throat and she had to steady herself against the doorframe.

"Wh-what the- the hell are you- doing?!" her own words were now muffled behind her hand as she watched a short, white haired, woman wrestling with an apron, "How did you get that wrapped around your face?!"

"It's nawt ma fawlt!" came the flustered reply, "Hewp me! Pwease Pippa!"

Stifling another bout of laughter Pippa reached up and began untying her friend. After a few seconds of struggle Yuki was liberated from her cloth attacker and her flushed face and bright brown eyes were revealed.

"No telling my brother about this!" she panted as she patted down her fly-away hair, "He'd tease me about it for a whole week."

"You'd deserve that since you bugged him all last week about the jam incident," Pippa smirked as she tied the apron around Yuki's waist, "But I'll keep your shenanigans to myself if you take the floor tonight."