6. The dream prince

| Edited |
_________________________________________

"Stop!"

Taken aback, all eyes turned to the source of interruption.

A young man, dressed like a warrior, grasped the attention of all immediately. All eyes fell on him and Madirakshi, the daughter of Chandradev was one amongst the crowd.

He looked divine and serene; an ethereal glow, head held high, back straight and a handsome face gleaming radiantly like the sun. His celestial kundals sparkled against the dipping sun.

He was tall, even taller! But he did not loom large. Lithe but muscular with broad shoulders and a trim waist.

Unlike Arjun, he carried the golden fair complexion with black thick hairs.

This charming and handsome stranger appeared almost godly to Madirakshi.

But then the realisation struck her hard, he was the same man she had saw in her dreams. She was surprised!

The young warrior had stolen all the attention by his gracefulness. But the audience also wondered, who might the warrior be.

The royals of Hastinapur, returning princes and the guests— Madirakshi and Suchitra— wondered about his identity.

Heroically, he entered the arena.

"Who are you, young man?" Drona asked the warrior whose handsome face with stunning features held a light of divinity.

"I'm Karna!" He introduced. Kunti was slightly taken aback at his name. She wondered if whether it was her long lost son. Though she brushed off the thought.

"Karna." Madirakshi whispered, she knew the fact that she had already fallen for him just at the very first sight.

The sun seemed to became brighter, as if the entery of Karna had made Suryadev (sun god) pleased.

"And as a warrior I'm here to save the name of the other able warriors!" Karn added.

"What do you mean?" Drona asked.

"Just by witnessing some tricks of prince Arjun, you excitingly called him the world's best archer!"

"If you would have called him the best archer among the Kuru princes, I would not have interrupted but you called him the best archer in this world!" Karna explained.

"I've all the qualifications that Arjun has— except for one, that is you're not my teacher."

"Fortune you are, because if he might have accepted you, he would have asked for your right thumb as the guru dakshina!" Shakuni laughed.

"A warrior must prove himself by defeating his opponent! Is it not what you are trying to imply, Mamashri?" Arjun taunted.

"In Eklavya, I saw a threat to Hastinapur." Drona said.

"Then I'm saved, because I respect Hastinapur and will continue to do so." Karna replied. "My salutations to Hastinapur and its King, Mahamahim Bhishma, Kripacharya and to you." Karna said bowing his head.

Taking an arrow from his quiver, he shot it towards the sky. The arrow turned into a garland, landing around Dhritarashtra's neck. Everyone looked at Karna, amazed and impressed.

"This garland smells of Sage Parshuram. Who is this warrior, Vidur? Describe him." Dhritarashtra asked.

"No one knows who he is. If the contest between Arjun and him is fixed, then Kripacharya would ask him. But, he shines as bright as the Sun."