before you go.

CHAPTER SIXTEENBEFORE YOU GO!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
BEFORE YOU GO!

Adonis

"So," I begin as I think of the story Ayla had just told me. "Jonathan likes Aella?" I ask her and she opens her mouth but nothing comes out.

"I-is that all you got from that?" I shake my head, "No but hearing that your mate has a Beta that's in love with her stood out a bit more," I reason and Ayla furrows her eyebrows.

"Jonathan and Aella have been nothing but good friends since their birth. Whatever feelings he had are long gone thanks to you," she explains and I hide a smirk while looking towards where Jonathan is, she's mine.

I'm so glad Aella rejected Jonathan, though, I don't think I'd like him near her anymore.

-

As Aella takes a shower I begin to think, what if I don't come back? I wouldn't see my pup being born, I wouldn't marry the love of my life. I'd fail this pack completely.

I grab some paper and a pencil before sighing. "Moon Goddess, please let our allies, our pack, and I survive tomorrow," I pray before writing.

Aella, if I don't return I'm sorry, just know that my first and last thought is of you and our pup...

"What are you writing?" I hear Aella asks as she sits outside with me. "Uh, nothing," I don't want to worry her. "A goodbye letter?" She asks, damn it.

I slowly nod and she gives me a small smile, before looking over the back yard. "I wrote many of those," she tells me and my ears perk up.

"In the first war, I wrote a total of 7 letters, just in case, you know, I'd cry while writing them because I literally spill everything out on that tiny piece of paper," she adds and I hold her hand.

"Then I realize," she stops, looking at me with complete love in her eyes. "I can't leave these people, I have to come back," she places a hand on my face. "You have to come back, Adonis, not only for me, for this pack, for our baby," she whispers and I lean into her touch.

"I love you, Aella, and I will stop at nothing to come back to you," I promise her, and she places her lips on mine. "Be careful tomorrow," she mutters against and I gently take hold of her throat. "I promise," I say before gently pecking her neck.

-

  A wounded Jax, a teary-eyed Elsa, and Aella stand in front of elders, some women, and all the children from the River Eclipse pack. I look at my mate, "I love you," I tell her and she smiles.

"I love you too, can you leave now?" Jax asks bitterly and I roll my eyes, "You're just mad you can't go," I say and he flips me off. I look back to Aella, "Be careful," she tells me and I nod. "I'll be back," I say and Jonathan clears his throat.

"We need to leave," he said and I smirk. Jealous much?

"Why would I be jealous?" He asks and my eyes widen. "Did I said that out loud?" I ask as my face turns red. Jonathan squints at me, "Through the mind link, Lune, Uriah wants us to go already," he informs me before leaving.

I give Aella a quick kiss on the lips before leaving.

I walk out of the auditorium before getting into a car with Andy and Jonathan. "Are you nervous?" I ask both of them and I could practically hear Jonathan's eye roll. "I've been through this before," he says and I groan in annoyance.

"I've been through this before," I mimic in a baby voice and I scoff. Andy looks between us and he breaks into fits of giggles. I start laughing and Jonathan soon joins us. The laughter died down and I sigh as we drive closer to the forest.

"I'm serious though, I am a great fighter but going into war and dueling are completely different things." Jonathan clears his throat, "You'll do fine Lune, we will all come back home," he says as if he's so sure.

"You know, Stella couldn't even look at me when I was saying goodbye. She didn't want to hear it," Andy says and I look out the window. "Aella seemed fine, I promised I'd go back to her and our future pup," I said and we both look at Jonathan.

"Well I'm mateless but I do have my family you know," he says and I felt bad for him. "Let's discuss the plan before we arrive. I want both of you with me, I don't think Melanie will be comfortable or be able to trust me," I tell them then and they nod.

As I explain the plan Jonathan mind links the others and we arrive. "Who's keeping an eye out for Jacob?" Andy asks and I look outside to see Uriah get out of the car. "Uriah will, I bet he would love to be the one to kill him," I say and if I had a daughter who has been tortured like this...

I would love nothing than to shove my claws into their chest.

We meet up with the original 25 packs and the 26 catches my eye. "Aleu," I call out, and my old Alpha smiles at me. "I've missed you bitch," he mutters and I see Giovani. "Hey," I say happily and Aleu clears his throat. "So what else has been going on?" He asks and I smirk.

"I'm going to be a dad," I tell him and the both of them look at me in shock. "Wow," Gio breathes out.

"You're not a virgin anymore?" Aleu asks in a joking manner and I furrow my eyebrows, watch this.

"What are you talking about? I'm still a virgin," I say and Aleu looks at me in confusion. "But that would mean- are you adopting? Or did Alpha Xavier sleep with someone else?" He asks and I laugh. "I'm only kidding, dumbass, the pups mine," I say and a look of relief fills their features.

"Adonis, we're going in now," Andy informs me and I nod before looking at my friends. "Are you ready?" I ask them they look at each other. "As we'll ever be."

-
:)