34. A tale of betrayal

Start from the beginning

Shocked, Chitra stood up straight as Kamakshi was her mother's name, " You are lying! You can never be be my mother's sister-"

"Quiet!" Meenamma said, placing her finger on Chitra's lips, "No interruptions young lady. So where was I? Right, Years passed by and soon they were of age to be married. Both the sisters wanted a different life from what their mother has dreamt off, the elder daughter wished for a peaceful life so decided to move to the end of the village to become a farmer while the younger sister wanted an copious rich life so left to become a dancer."

"Maanika was heartbroken to see her younger daughter chasing behind rich men falling in the world which she had escaped from. But she choose to remain quiet as most of the times trying to pull someone behind from falling in a dark dirt will just make themselves push forward in that dirt."

Meenamma shifted a little so she could stretch her legs as she spoke, " Life turned into a beautiful cloud for Meenakshi as she fell in love a man, he was not a normal person though, he was a rebel. He would bravely point out the king's mistakes without any fear and his manliness made her fall for him some more. Soon they got married and built a happy home for themselves  and fortunately Meena was pregnant. The couple's happiness knew no limits, she wrote letters for her sister and mother about this and shortly she got a reply from her sister. But Meena never knew that her happy cloud was going to burst."

"When Meenakshi went to visit her sister with her husband, she was happy to see that her sister has got what she had always wanted, Kamakshi was married to the king. It was love at first sight for the king, he married Kamakshi the immediate next day. However, Kamakshi was not happy to see her sister marry a good for nothing rebel."

Meenamma's old face was filled with tears as she whipped them with the edge of her cotton saree, "Kamakshi was not loyal to her husband and had an affair and unfortunately Meenakshi's husband happened to witness her being with some other man. So Kamakshi showed her true colors, she made up lies about Meenakshi's husband selling information to the neighbouring king. And the neighbouring kingdom's minister even acknowledged that lie, saying that was a fact. Even that minister was a man in Kamakshi's love trap." Meenamma's lips trembled as she spoke, "She got her sister's husband slaughtered by adding a traitor tag to his name."

Meenamma hid her head in her hands as she cried and Chitra was shocked beyond words as small snippets of her childhood made back to her brain, it was true that her mother was never with her for most of the nights, " That day, running to save her husband's life Meenakshi fell over stairs and lost her child also, happiness was was lost like a passing cloud in a huge sky and since then she planned to avenge her husband and innocent child's death."

"Meenakshi worked as a maid to her own sister for seven years and before she could do anything her sisters chambers caught fire and she died in that accident, but Kamakshi's daughter clung on to Meenakshi since then."

Chitra's head swirled in dilemma, should she hate her mother for the person she was or pity Meenamma as her life got destroyed.

"Meenakshi lost hope in her life as god had decided to take her enemy away before she could do anything, so she decided that she would destroy the life's of their children like how her innocent unborn child had to die. She killed the child of the minister who had helped Kamakshi and now it is the turn of her child." Saying Meenamma looked at the sky and her face showing no emotions.

She killed Ratan because his father helped in killing her husband? How is that fair! He was innocent and Chitra's heart pained to realise that Meenamma never loved her, she raised Chitra only for her revenge.

"Baldev!" A man cripled his way to their place screaming, he was bleading and his back had two arrows shot in.

"What happened?" Baldev shouted in anger looking at the man's condition.

"We are losing! Abhiras is fighting back like a crazy bull who has seen red, Their army is much more powerful and stronger than we have expected, King Aditya wanted me to inform you-"

His words came to halt as Baldev stabbed him in his throat and pressed it hard as blood spilled around. Chitra closed her eyes hard as she couldn't see that cruelty, "I will never lose, you piece of shit!!" He screamed his throat off as all birds resting peacefully on the trees flew away scared from the noise.

Baldev walked angrily and placed the tip of his knife on Chitra's throat pulling her head up by her hair, "Who said we are going to lose? We have got the heart of that mad bull right under our thumb." He smirked and pulled Chitra to a standing position and shouted, "Get the horses ready! We are going make that king kneel down infront of us!"

----------

Can Meenakshi's revenge be justified? Killing the next generation to fulfill her revenge?

Comment and let me how about what you think about this chap!!

For the first time the last chapter hit 200+ votes! Which means my cutey ghost readers have decided to vote!!! Hopefully you guys keep voting ❤️❤️❤️

And The Queen's King got shortlisted in Rainbow Awards in historical genre, if possible please go and give a vote through an line comment as +1

Hey there! Don't forget to press this pretty little star 🌟