Chapter 25

I've created a few more stories since I last updated. One is a 5sos one shot book and the other is call How to Fool Everyone into Thinking you're Ok (Niam)

Also I reuploaded Love Ball Not Boys (Lashton) because I accidently deleted that the other day.

Check those out if you want to a please give me some feedback on those! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

I couldn’t help but burst into tears as soon as I saw him. I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder, but I never bothered looking to see who it was. I was too busy looking at the deathly pale boy in front of me.

I slowly moved forward and gripped onto his hand like it was my last time.

It won’t be.

He made it.

I laid my head down on his hospital bed and continued to cry my tears of joy. I heard a chair scrape across from me, on the other side of Josh’s bed. I glanced up to see Luke had occupied the seat, Ashton sitting in his lap, and both of them were gripping onto Josh’s other hand, tears streaming down their faces as well.

Calum and Michael weren’t in the room because Calum didn’t think he could handle seeing Josh the way he was. Michael being the good friend that he was, maybe more, decided to stay with Calum out in the waiting room, at least until someone else comes out and sits with Calum.

I never thought the steady beep beep beep of a heart machine would sound so soothing.

We sat there is silence for who knows how long, the beating of out broken friend’s heart, the whizzing and buzzing of the hospital machines, and the occasional sniffle and hiccup.

We didn’t know when he would wake up or when he will be let out of this hospital or if his parents are even going to come and visit him, all we know is that he’s alive and he’s going to make it out of here…alive.

A nurse came in not long after we all calmed down. She smiled weakly at us as she checked on Josh. She was on her way out the room when I stopped her by grabbing onto her arm.

“Can you possibly give us some information on Josh’s condition?” I asked her with big wide eyes, hoping that would help my case.

Her smile just grew more sympathetic. “I’m sorry sweetheart, but we can only give information like that out to family only.”

“We may not be blood related but we are family.” She gave me a contemplative look and I knew I almost had her. “P-please.” It wasn’t that hard to get a choking back tears sound out because I could start crying again at any moment.