Chapter 29: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

"No problem at all." Gusion responded.

"Why do you look disappointed, dear sister?" Lancelot joked at Guinevere.

"I am not. You know I can sneak into his chamber at night." She stuck her tongue out to her brother and winked at Gusion.

Gusion blushed.

"Did you just blush, Gossen dear?" Lancelot moved his face closer to Gusion's and examined him.

"That's enough, Lancie. He's mine!"

Gusion blushed even more.

They all laughed at how silly the Baroque siblings are.

"You and Gusion are so cute, Guinny. Such an attractive couple. I am so happy for the two of you." Odette told Guinevere as she and Lancelot walked them to their respective chambers.

If only I could stay with him forever. Guinevere thought sadly.

That night, Guinevere really did sneak into Gusion's chamber.

"Hey... what are you doing here? You really were not joking earlier." Gusion chuckled as he stood up from his bed. His hair was messy and he was only wearing boxers. His muscular chest and toned abs exposed.

Though it wasn't the first time she saw his body, Guinevere blushed.

Gusion noticed. "Oh, I'm sorry." He quickly grabbed a white shirt and wore it.

"Can I sleep here?" Guinevere asked.

"You don't have to ask permission. You know I'd love that. Come here." Gusion hugged her.

Guinevere took a deep breath as she felt the warmth of his body around her.

I wish we could stay like this forever. She thought.

"I'll have to wake up early tomorrow though and go back to my chamber. You know, for the makeup and stuff. I wanted to do my makeup myself but they hired people to do that, so..."

"I'm sure you'll look perfect tomorrow, my love."

They slept a few minutes after. Guinevere's face rested on Gusion's chest as his arms are wrapped around her.

The wedding started around nine in the morning the following day. It was held at the couple's favorite spot near the Swan Lake.

Odette was so beautiful in her white gown as she walked down the isle toward Lancelot. She and Lancelot were both crying in joy.

Guinevere was with Gusion while they witnessed the ceremony. She couldn't help but cry as well. She was so happy for her brother, but at the same time sad because she has always dreamed of marrying Gusion someday and that may never happen.

Gusion wiped her tears off her face and wrapped his arms around her.

Guinevere felt like she was dying inside. What she was going to do is already killing her slowly.

After the ceremony, the guests gathered at the wedding reception to watch the newly wed's first dance as husband and wife. Other guests joined the floor including Gusion and Guinevere.

"You look so beautiful today, Guin." He said as he stared at her face while they danced to a romantic music.

"Just today?" Guinevere asked.

Gusion chuckled. "You are beautiful everyday and always. But today is different. You look perfect in that dress."

Guinevere was wearing a lotus themed pink dress which matches Gusion's white suit.

"I guess you already know. But you are so handsome today as well." She complimented Gusion too.

"Just today?" Gusion chuckled as he mimicked the way Guinevere asked the same question earlier.

"Ugh, Gusion."

"I love you." Gusion smiled at her. The way he flashed his perfect smile always melts her heart. She stared at his beautiful face as if memorizing before she responded.

"I love you so much, Gusion." She rested her face on his chest as they continued to dance.

It was quite a long but special day. Guinevere asked Gusion to go for walk and watch the sunset over the lake.

"Thank you for everything, Gusion."

"Hey, why are you thanking me as if you're leaving me?" Gusion asked, worried.

"I'm just happy. I've never been happier in my entire life until I met you. This may sound mushy, but you complete me, Gusion Paxley."

"I feel the same, my love. When I first met you in the forest, it's like I've known you for so long. It's like I finally found the missing piece of my heart. I used to laugh at that phrase but that's exactly how I felt and I don't know how to live my life without you anymore."

Guinevere hugged him tight as tears fell down her face.

"Please don't ever leave me." Gusion asked.

Guinevere's heart was crushed into pieces when she heard what Gusion just said.

Suddenly, Gusion knelt down and took something from his pocket.

It was a ring.

His eyes glistened with tears of pure love.

"Guinevere Baroque, will you marry me?"

*****
Image credit: @aldithasiregar Instagram