I love you, Wolf. - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - 

After school I have athletics so I change into my cycling shorts and white vest before running out to the track. You see, I love running. I prefer short distance like 100 metres to 400 metres but I have started to train for a marathon which is kinda scary for me.

Ben does athletics too but today he is playing football instead and he waves at me from across the field. I give a half hearted wave back and then start to run. I love the adrenaline rush it gives you. When you just let go and run as fast as your legs will take you.

As I'm running those eyes suddenly flash into my mind. But they do not belong to Jasper's face in my head. They belong to a wolf.

That's when it hits me. I trip and almost fall flat on my face but I put my hands out, out of instinct and end up eyes wide open, my nose inches from the floor. I am almost in a press up position but with my legs more sprawled to the side. Ben runs over to see if I am Ok but I have already jumped back up, pumped with adrenaline. 

"Babe, are you alright?" he asks, out of breath from his football training.

"Yeah, I... I gotta go." and with that I take off again. I don't think I just run. I am running to the woods.

Even when I get there I keep running, tiny branches whip me as I  fly through the trees. I don't know where I am trying to go but I finally stop when I see a wolf. It just looks at me for a second and then turns tail and flees.

I follow it.

My head screams at me to stop but my legs don't listen.

The wolf disappears for a second through a thick line of trees and I push my way through the clawing branches trying to hold me back.

A house. Just a normal modern house. In the middle of a forest.

The wolf is gone but the door is ajar so I decide to take a closer look. 

I knock on the door and a young girl answers almost instantaneously, pulling it open.

"Yes?" She squeaks at me. She must be about nine at the oldest, possibly seven or eight.

"Oh hi, I was just wondering who lives here." I ask not really knowing what to do now.

"Who's asking?" She inquires.

"Oh I'm so sorry, my names Abigail Hunter."

"I'll be right back." she closes the door on my face.

Jasper -

A knock on my office door disturbs me and I look up to see Maria peering in.

"Hey Maria, what's up?" I ask the little girl.

"There's someone at the door and she says she wants to know who live here..."

Strange. "Did she tell you her name?" I inquire.

"Aby? Aby Hunter. Do you know her?"

The name rings a bell. "No I don't think so," I stand up and make my way to the front door.

I open it and Abigail is standing there. Oh, Abi, short for Abigail, I see.

"Hi, did you follow me home?" I joke, wondering why she was here.

Abigail -

Jasper. Jasper lives here.

"I uh, no of course not, do you get many wolves in this part of the forest?" I blurt out.

He freezes for a second before stuttering,

"Urm, I'm not sure we've only just moved here, I haven't seen any."

He's lying. I can tell when people are lying, and Jasper was showing all the signs right now.

Okay, sorry to bother you, see you at school." I say simply and walk away from the door.

"See you later Aby!" Jasper calls. Only Ben calls me Aby.

"It's Abigail to you!" I yell at him not bothering to turn around, I'm still pissed at him for lying.

I hear a click as he shuts the door so I immediately duck down into the bushes, hidden from the house, and I wait.

Eventually I hear someone leave the house. I turn to look through the leaves and I see a wolf.

Not a wolf.

The wolf.

It sniffs the air and then looks right at me with its dazzling eyes.

My eyes widen in shock at being discovered so quickly. I stand up and back away a bit.

The wolf walks up to me, now we are both hidden from the house. I crouch down to it's level and stare into it's eyes.

"Jasper?" I whisper breathlessly.

He lowers his head as if nodding and then he shifts.

Jasper -

I can't believe she could tell it was me. I give in and shift back to human form. Her eyes are wide and her mouth hangs open slightly after watching me simply slide from a wolf into a human.

I stand up and pull her up with me.

"Hi." I say, slightly embarrassed since I was now naked.

She recovers and looks away quickly, her cheeks flushing a bright pink colour.

"How did you know?" I have to know what gave me away.

She looks me right in the eyes and tells me,

"Your eyes." 

Damn. But wait, how did she even know there were wolves here? We'd only just moved here.

Oh she's the girl who was lost the other night. I helped her out of the woods. I remember now.

Abigail - 

There was no ripping out of his skin or anything like in the movies. He simply slid into a human. A naked human. I had to avert my eyes quickly before I saw anything or it would've been rather awkward between us.

"Come inside with me so I can explain... and put some clothes on." He smiles nervously.

I smirk at him, amused and nod as there isn't really anything I can say and I follow him inside.

There are so many people living here. All of them younger than 20 though, I spot no adults as we walk through the house, all eyes on me. Well not just me, probably Jasper as well since he was naked.

Finally we reach his room, which is huge. I throw myself onto his bed as he rushes to pull some pants and jeans on. Then he walks over and sits with me on the bed... with no shirt on. Wow his six pack is amazing.

"Urm, how about a shirt?" I say uncomfortably. He smiles apologetically and explains,

"Sorry but when you first change back to human it's like you're burning up for about ten minutes after so I'd prefer to leave my shirt off to cool down quicker if that's alright with you?"

I nod and stare at him, demanding an explanation.

He laughs and then tells me everything.

Sorry this chapter ain't as good as the 1st two, I'm having a mental block at the moment :S Will write all night until I come up with something good I promise :) VOMMENT PLEASEEE :) XX