I love you, Wolf. Chapter 9

Abigail -

I grab his hand and pull him back to me.

"Please, I don't care if it hurts, I want to belong in your world, I want to fit in with your family..."

His face is twisted with pain as he looks at me now.

"I... I can't."

"How does it happen? How does it hurt?"

"I have to bite you... and then i have to leave you, alone in the woods at night... you'd be completely helpless, the pain would leave you screaming, drawing attention to you all the while you being defenseless and weak. Anything could happen! I could never..." He shudders and looks away.

"Please." I whisper desperately. His eyes lock back onto mine.

"After all I just told you... you still want to do it? To risk your life?!"

"To be with you in every possible way." His sapphire eyes flame and burn showing the raging battle he is fighting inside.

"Wait here." He swims away to the island of trees in the center of the lake.

I wait.

Jasper -  

Why does she have to do this? She's making me feel bad for not wanting to hurt her! 

But... she'll be safer... as a wolf. More able to protect herself if Shiver come looking for us. Should I..? Ughh I don't know what to do!

Abigail - 

I've ruined our weekend. Why do I have to be such an idiot! I just so want to belong with him. I see Jasper emerge from the trees and beckon me. I quickly propel myself towards him and he pulss me gently out of the water. Not letting go of me, he leads me to the center of the island where a small shelter has been built with branches, ferns and mud.

"I'll do it, but I'll be as close as possible and I'll leave my phone here and call it when I find the nearest phonebox and wait with you, listening on the phone to talk you through it all night. I'll be here in a flash if anything goes wrong, I'll only be a mile away I promise."

I stare into his bright eyes, still twisted with pain and I know that I love him. I knew before but that was just on a physical level, now I knew him, and I love him.

"I love you, Wolf." He laughs and his eyes light up, banishing the pain making me smile with him.

"As I love you, My beautiful Abigail." He pulls me in and kisses me gently and then more passionately, holding me closer. He then lays me down inside his shelter and kisses down my jawline until he reaches my neck and pauses. My stomach curls in anticipation. I can feel his teeth pressed against my skin. I feel him bite down and break the skin and I gasp as a sharp pain slices into my neck. He keeps his hold on me for about 30 seconds and i can feel his venom pulsing into my body. He releases me and gingerly wipes his mouth with his sleeve. I feel his phone being pressed into my hand so i curl my fingers around it, clutching it tightly as i struggle not to scream out in agony. I keep my eyes tightly shut so he does not see the pain in them. His lips brush against mine and he whispers in my ear before disappearing into the night.

"Nos vemos, mi amor."