Chapter 4

Waking up the next morning, Melissa could feel her back against a tree. Groaning lightly, she moved her head a bit and slowly got up. Her whole body felt stiff and sore. When she saw that she didn't have the knife in hand, she looked down at the ground and found it next to her feet. Crouching down slowly, she picked it up before standing straight.

Stretching, she felt-and heard-her bones popping into place and it was one of the greatest feelings she felt in a long time. Afterwards, her eyes looked around the unfamiliar woods. Then she slowly turned and gasped when she saw the Alpha Rogue, Steven. And boy, did he look pissed.

"I'll hope you know that you're in Red Stone territory." He growled out, stepping closer before suddenly stopping. Eyebrow rising, she lifted the knife, holding it tightly. "And, trust me honey, they don't like trespassers." He added as he stepped closer to her. On instinct, she stepped back.

"Stay the hell away from me." She snapped, gaining some courage. Then she heard twigs snapping behind her and turned to see that there were huge wolves coming towards them. They were growling and baring their teeth. Instantly, she froze, her eyes wide with fear as her heart rate picked up.

"As I said, they hate trespassers." Steven spoke up. Then she heard clothing tear up and so she looked and saw another wolf replacing the Alpha Rogue. Her body shook, but it seemed that the wolves were now only concentrating on each other. At the moment, she was to scared to move.

Then, the wolves to her right took off towards her-or Steven making her step back to the tree, flattening herself to it. They went after the wolf. But, it seemed that the wolf that had replaced Steven had more wolves with it because more came up and attacked the other ones. Right now, she was so confused on who was who at the moment.

Then, more had come. It made her heart frantic, and made her scared as hell. Unable to take it anymore, she took off in a run, the knife still in her hand. She knew that she would need it to defend herself. Or she might trip and fall on it, but she didn't care. She just wanted out of there and to call the police.

But, luck wasn't on Melissa's side today. Her foot caught onto some wood, making her fall forward. Since she had been aware of the knife still being in her hand, she tossed it a few feet from her for safety measures before breaking her fall a little bit, but the fall still hurt. Even though she felt pain in her right ankle, it wasn't going to stop her.

Before she could get up, she heard a growl behind her. A light whimper escaped her throat as her eyes slipped to the knife. Turning onto her back, she sat up and looked at the wolf. The wolf's fur was untamed and very dirty. It disgusted her. But the color was the exact same one to the wolf that replaced Steven. The pieces suddenly put together in her head. He's here to get me...and bring me back to the place I'm running from. She thought, slowly moving backwards as the wolf advanced on her.

Before she could make a move towards the knife again, another wolf came into view. And so did many others. The one in front of her was a black wolf with graying hairs. The one to her left was almost a white, but had some black as well. The wolf to her left was a dark brown with tints of white in it. However, one thing every wolf that she could see had in common: they were the size of horses.

The wolf with the very dirty fur was a mixture between red and brown. The face was red and so were the legs, but the rest had a mixture throughout the rest of the body. Melissa had noticed that his ears flattened to his head before slowly retreating.

Within a few minutes, and the other wolves growling, the dirty one had left. Mel's heart was still pounding like crazy. Her breath was uneven, but was relieved when the other wolves had started to leave. Then she frowned when she saw them go behind trees.