Small World

"I'm Siyeon's ex-wife,"

Yoohyeon blinked. The sudden confession made her take in the complete appearance of the woman.
She looked at her from head to toe, her small features and of course, her facial expressions.

This woman was her fiancée's ex-wife, and she was out in the streets. Alone to fend for herself.
Yoohyeon hesitated to reply as she fought the urge to just walk away and leave her there.

But she couldn't. She was lost in her thoughts and several emotions swirled around her brain. She didn't know what to do. She was lost, confused...

"How is Phil?"

Yoohyeon looked at the homeless woman's eyes as she struggled to form the words. She stalled for a few minutes until Bora tilted her head, "Are you alright?"

Yoohyeon nodded, pulling herself away from her thoughts. Bora was asking about Phil, right? Yoohyeon had a mini fight with her brain before answering the older.

"He's doing really fine!" Yoohyeon smiled, a gesture which the other woman reciprocated.

"Shouldn't you be going home?"

Yoohyeon thought for a moment,"It's fine,"

Bora twiddled her fingers as she scooted away from the silver-haired girl, not wanting to bother her with the side effects of being homeless.

"Do you want to see him?" Yoohyeon asked, a kind smile not leaving her face.

"Can I?" Bora asked with hopeful eyes.

Yoohyeon nodded,"I'll come back for you. I promise,"

Bora's smile widened as hope filled her. She clasped her hands together as she lightly sobbed in them, thanking the heavens for a newfound hope.

She could see Phil again. But there was one problem.

"But Siyeon...," She trailed off, biting her lip one again,"She won't like it,"

"I'll find a way," Yoohyeon replied, her gaze serious and unmoving. It was piercing and filled with resolve.

"Until then, i'll come back for you," She continued as she stood up,"Please wait for me,"

Bora nodded, tears threatening to spill as she thanked the woman. Waving at her while she watched her walk away.

She could see Phil again. And it was because of her ex-wife's fiancée.

Oh how complicated the world is, Bora thought.

~~~

Yoohyeon arrived home to a spaced out Phil and a starving Siyeon. She scratched her head as she apologized to her pouting fiancée before placing the food she bought at the dining table.

Siyeon greatly welcomed the food while Phil sat in silence, still spacing out.
Worried, Yoohyeon approached the boy asking what was wrong.

"I miss her," Phil confessed, his tone gloomy.

"Who?" Yoohyeon asked, tilting her had as she patted the boy's back.

"Mommy Borwa,"

A choke was heard from the dining table as Siyeon continuously coughed. She continued eating after drinking a glass of water, which aroused Yoohyeon's suspicions.

She never really knew anything about the wolf. Siyeon would never tell her about Bora or the full story of why they split. All she knows is that Bora was the reason.

And that Siyeon resented Bora more than anything.

"I miss her warm hugs," Phil continued, a sad look on his face as he wrapped his arms around himself,"I wanna see her,"

Yoohyeon gave the kid a sad smile as she pulled him into an embrace, Bora clouding her thoughts.

"Phil, come and eat," Siyeon beckoned, her gaze pissed.

"But-,"

"C'mon dear," Yoohyeon smiled,"Let's eat,"

~~~

About a few hours later, Yoohyeon emerged from Phil's room to be met by an agitated Siyeon. She beckoned the wolf to follow her in their bedroom, engulfing her in a comforting embrace upon arriving.

"Can I ask something?" Yoohyeon began, careful in choosing her words.

"Shoot," Siyeon sighed, stressed.

"Who's Bora?"

Siyeon sighed once more,"My ex-wife,"

"She's not important. Don't worry about her," She added, clearly growing more agitated.

"Okay,"

Siyeon radiated a lonely, angry aura which caused Yoohyeon to anxiously glance at her from time to time. The silver-haired girl tried her best to comfort the older using light pats on the back while she hummed soft tunes.

Thankfully, Siyeon drifted off to sleep at the gestures. And Yoohyeon knew what she had to do.
The tall woman slowly got up, careful to not wake up the sleeping woman as she reached for her phone. Her feet brought her outside as she made a quick phone call.

"Prepare the dressing room for tomorrow," She ordered,"And I want the area cleared as soon as I get there,"

At the same time, Yoohyeon opened her MacBook and sketchpad as she started to scribble some new designs.

"Also, I want these new designs done by tonight in specific measurements" She stated,"Your pay will be doubled and will be sent ASAP upon completion,"

After a few seconds, Yoohyeon mumbled a concrete "thank you" before putting the phone down. She continued to diligently work on her new designs, sending them to her employees as soon as she finished.

She scanned her designs once more, wondering if Bora might like them. She estimated Bora's measurements and soon sent them also to her employees.

There was no holding back. Yoohyeon chewed on her lips as the weight of reality sunk in.

Tomorrow, she was going to make Bora meet Phil. She was going to reconnect the two. Whatever Bora did to Siyeon back then wasn't important. What was important was that Bora would reconcile with Phil.

She would be the bridge between the two, whether Siyeon liked it or not.