07. Tragedy

[name] could only stay frozen solid on the very spot she was standing upon. She could feel the blood within her veins turning cold as she now felt Ryuu's presence right behind her. A deep chuckle was heard once more as Ryuu's familiar scent invaded her nose.

Her heart pounded hard against her chest as she felt Ryuu's hand going past her hand, and covered her dark blue ocean eyes then. He then pushed her head back slightly, causing her to move her body back as her back soon touched his toned chest.

It was cold.

"I thought you would have ran away ever since that encounter we had after so many years of not seeing each other, [name]," he spoke in a voice that [name] knew all too well. She felt his hand pressing against her eyes, as she shut them. She could feel Ryuu turning her body to face Giyuu and Tanjiro who had their nichirin blades out, ready to attack.

"I suggest getting your friends away from this since this is between you and me," he spoke out with a smirk on his face as he looked at Giyuu, and then at Tanjiro, and he couldn't help but chuckle once more.

"Ah. Tomioka-san! It's been a while, hasn't it? You too, Tanjiro. My, you've grown up quite a bit to be an annoying one," Ryuu spoke with his eyes closed and smirk on his face. He then watched as the duo lunged forward, only to for him to place [name] in front of him as a defense, causing the duo to stop in the midst of their attacks.

"I see, still in love with [name] after all these years," he said with a smile as he looked at Tanjiro, and then he looked at Giyuu, only to have his eyebrow raised in response at how angry the Water Hashira was before him.

"I thought you wouldn't be the kind to fall in love, guess not. Worst, you fell in love with [name] as well. What a pity," Ryuu spoke out with a smile as he used his free hand and gently placed a finger against [name]'s collar bone and drew a cut.

"[NAME]/[NAME]-SAN!" the duo yelled in horror as blood splattered out from that small cut. [name] winced in pain as the cut was no ordinary cut. It was Ryuu's Blood Demon Art technique, and it was fatal to humans like her.

"Come any closer, her head gets ripped off. Simple as that, you should know what to do if you intend to help her out," Ryuu added on and the duo watched as [name] motioned for them to take their leave. Gritting their teeth, they kept their nichirin blade and proceeded to carry out the mission.

Escorting the innocent lives away from the mayhem that was about to happen between [name] and Ryuu then. When Ryuu noticed that Giyuu and Tanjiro had left, he chuckled once more as he removed his hand from [name]'s eyes, and turned her to face him.

He then stared deep into [name]'s dark blue ocean eyes, only to notice the smile on her face as always. He sighed with an irritated mark on his face as he gritted his teeth then. His red eyes flashed angrily once more, only to notice that [name] was staring straight into them.

"Hidden Upper Moon Three, aren't you?" she whispered out, and Ryuu chuckled once more.

"I see, you're able to tell what my position is despite not having any marks made in my eyes," he commented and soon ruffled her on the head, only to have [name] laugh a little in response then, causing Ryuu to look at her confusedly.

"What's so funny?" he asked, and then shook his head at the gentle smile [name] always wore.

"Nevermind, how have things been for you? Ever since I stabbed you in the shoulder," Ryuu spoke out with a smile, and he could only watch as [name] gently held his hand up and placed it against her face. He chuckled a little as he used his thumb to caress her cheek.

"Ah, your cheek is still as soft as ever," he said with a smirk.

"How is being a demon for you?" [name] asked as she noticed from her vision that Ryuu was using his free hand to reach out for his nichirin blade, which was identical to the one her father uses. Which was hers right now.

𝙠𝙣𝙮, 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara