✩ MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING ✩

Start from the beginning

"Bob, this is more important." Frank said, not bothering with an apology as he rolled up his sleeves, eventually deciding to just leave his black tie loosely around his neck.

Bob scoffed, watching Frank walk through the apartment to find his car keys. When he found them, he didn't even bid Bob a farewell as he walked out into the hallway. He clutched the wrinkled napkin tightly in his hands as he sped down the hallway, taking in shallow breaths as he did so. God he hoped Gerard was home.

It wasn't even that long after that Frank was pacing the halls of a completely different apartment complex, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to find door 102. Once he did find the oak wood door, he could hear shuffling from inside, the doors obviously not all that thick.

Gerard didn't live in a bad neighborhood, pretty decent if Frank said so himself, but it was weird to picture someone as out there and unorthodox as Gerard living in such a... normal place.

Frank finally willed himself to curl his fingers into a fist, convincing himself that he needed to do this. This would be beneficial to not just his own restless conscious but to his self discipline. He repeated the words over in his head as he eventually gathered the courage to knock, screwing his eyes shut in anxiety. He could feel his heart thundering in his ears as he held his breath.

He heard the door swing open, his eyes opening immediately to face a frazzled, fortunately very real, Gerard.

He looked a lot less dressy than usual, his hair hanging over his wide eyes.

"Frank?" Gerard asked, his hand clutching the door tightly in his pale hands.

Frank swallowed and nodded, "Can I um, can I come in?"

"Are you asking me as Frank or Officer Iero?" Gerard asked with a raised eyebrow, and Frank just sighed brokenly and mumbled his first name.

Gerard nodded and looked behind him with worried eyes, his lip between his teeth as he sighed reluctantly and nodded. He stepped aside to let Frank in, who gingerly did so.

When he looked around, he saw the immaculately clean apartment, and the multitude of large intricate paintings and portraits taken on different cameras and of different medias. before Frank could really get a good luck at them, Gerard cleared his throat making Frank's eyes land on him. He was shuffling uncomfortably, shutting the door behind him as he looked skeptically at Frank.

"Is there... a reason you're at my apartment at," Gerard flicked his wrist over to look at his wristwatch, "Nine-thirty in the evening?"

Frank struggled to get words through his shutting throat as he nodded weakly again. "Yeah, yeah there is."

Gerard looked at him expectantly, raising an eyebrow as he made no effort to move away from the door. It seemed like he was worried about getting close to Frank, as if he would do something to him if he moved any closer.

After a few silent, and very awkward few minutes, Gerard let out a small humourless laugh.

"Look, I don't know about you but I've got work in the morning and-"

Frank let out an irritated sigh as he rubbed his face, "I'm getting to it, okay?"

Gerard nodded weakly at his words, looking reluctant but finally pointing at the white couch towards the left of the room. He slowly walked over to it, gesturing for Frank to follow him.

When they were sat down beside each other, at a safe distance mind you, Frank looking down again. In all honesty, he had been struggling so hard with finding the courage to actually fucking show up at Gerard's apartment that now that he was actually there, he didn't exactly know what to do.