Chapter 51 - Yule!!!

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you stop your mumbling and tell us what this is about" he said with amusement in his eyes. Rosalie sighed, before straightening out the crinkled paper in her hands, which had been scrunched up when she nervously moved her hands around as she was speaking.

"Okay, so you know when we went shopping and we went to Gringootts, and I left to get Fred and Georges presents, and how I was gone ages. Well the reason I was gone for so long is because I had a meeting with Thornspike, and I asked about getting adopted by the two of you" she finished quietly. As she was talking frowns had appeared on both Sirius and Remus' faces, they didn't really understand where this was going, but by the time she had finished they were staring at her in shock.

"So let me get this straight" Sirius started, "you want us to adopt you" he said pointing to Himself and Remus. With her head down Rosalie nodded, no one really knew what to say  they thought this is what she would've wanted. Sirius gently took her face in his hands, he had a gentle smile on his face and his eyes only held love in them "I'm not saying no, because I would love for you to be my daughter, but are you one hundred percent sure that this is what you want" he said quietly, to which Rosalie instantly nodded her head to, and as soon as she did Remus and Sirius lifted her up in the tightest hug ever, "then we'd be honoured to" they whispered in sync. Rosalie laughed with tears pouring out of her eyes, she didn't think she had ever been this happy in her life. They both quickly signed their names at the bottom of the adoption papers, they would have to go to Gringotts the next day to get her officially adopted but right now they just wanted to enjoy each others company.

Rosalie had gotten books on every subject she could imagine from all her friends, the only presents that really stood out to her was the book on etiquette from Narcissa, the book on blood rituals from Voldemort, the book on the dark arts from Lucius and Snape, the jewelry box from Sirius and the picture of her parents holding her when she had just been born from Remus.

Once all the presents had been put away and the informal living room cleaned up they decided they would play some games, while the house elves finished off the yule meal that they started yesterday. The first game they decided to play was charades, not that the Malfoys had any idea what that was, so the first 15 minutes of the game was spent explaining how to play it. However once they started everyone had a lot of fun. Draco was currently trying to act out the words dark arts and it wasn't really going that well. However all of them was having a great laugh about how he was trying to act it out. After about an hour of playing charades, the next thing they decided to do was have a chess tournament, much to Rosalie's horror, she was still awful at the game, and because of this she was out on the first round. Unlike Remus and Draco who were the last two playing, however in the end it was Draco who was the winner. Like Rosalie, Narcissa was awful at the game, mostly because she really didn't care for chess and was only really playing to make her family happy, unlike Rosalie who would love to be able to win one day, but no matter how hard she tried she could never get any better. They were the first to lose, next was Fred and Sirius. After that was, George, then Lucius, who was a bit bitter about losing to his 11 year old son, then Percy lost, leaving Draco and Remus to battle it out.

It was about 3 o'clock when they finished the tournament, which was the exact time the house elves announced that dinner was done. As they walked into the dining room everyone stared in awe at all the food on the table. No one really knew how to react to all the food on the table, it was magnificent. There was so much food, three different kinds of meats, including turkey, beef and gammon, piles of roast potatoes, as many vegetables as you can think of in separate bowls all across the table, including carrots, brussels sprouts, peas, swede and many, many more. immediately all the children, and Sirius started stuffing their faces with as much food as they could fit in their mouths, the adults were quite disgusted with their behaviour, except Percy, who would never act so undignified and childish, that was for his siblings to do.