Chapter 40 - Home time

Time went quickly after the brutal quidditch practice, and it was finally the beginning of Christmas break. Everyone in Slytherin was so happy to finally be going home and away from all the glares and comments the other houses said to them. It wasn't a problem for the first years, who all had friends in every other house. However the other houses in the older years were cruel to the older Slytherins, so they were all excited to go home. Rosalie and all her friends had promised each other to write to each other at least once a week and to meet up at some point over the holidays.

Rosalie was so excited to see Sirius and Remus, but she was also really worried. She had promised herself that she was going to tell them everything over Christmas, and she didn't know how they would react. There was a very high possibility that they would not believe her and that they would think she was going insane. Rosalie just had to hope that is not what happens.

It was the night before they would to leave to go home and all the girls in first year Slytherin had already packed everything they needed to. The only thing that was left was their Pyjamas which would be packed in the morning along with their toothbrushes and hairbrushes, along with any other things they used for their morning routines. However the boys were still packing there things. This was because Blaise, Gregory and Vincent had decided they were going to just chuck all there clothes in without folding them, but then they had to take everything out again and re do all of it again nearly, while Theo was sitting there laughing at the three of them. Draco on the other hand was a perfectionist, and had decided each time he packed his trunk that it all looked dreadful and had then decided to re do it again, at this time he was re doing it for the third time. Whilst the boys were doing this the girls were talking and giggling about how foolish boys could be sometimes, which made the older boys in Slytherin scowl at them, which just made them giggle more.

The boys finally came out of the dorms with their trunks floating behind them. Every first year stood up and went to the great hall with their trunks floating behind them, laughing and joking around with each other, but as soon as they got out of the dungeons they all went quiet. They had to be serious and look cold to the other houses. They arrived at the great hall quickly and sat at the Slytherin table acting like perfect pure bloods. They all ate as fast as possible so they could arrive at the train first and get a good compartment, they also wanted to spend as much time as possible with their other friends without being judged by the older years, especially as they were friends with Faye who was a Gryffindor.

They left the great hall and met up with the others at the doors. Rosalie and the others all went to get on the horseless carriages that the professors had directed them too. Rosalie had wondered if she would still be able to see the thestrals, and it turns out she could, which she was extremely happy about because she loved spending with them and Luna. It was what connected her and Luna and what helped become such close friends. Rosalie honestly couldn't wait until the next year when she would finally be able to see Luna again, and hopefully stop her from getting bullied like she was the first time around. They all got on the carriages with grace that every pure blood had hammered in them from a extremely young age. This made Rosalie think about the exhausting hours she spent getting taught by Narcissa how to be a proper lady before she came to hogwarts. However by the time Narcissa had finished she was just as graceful and lady like as any pure blood woman was. It was incredible how fast Narcissa had accomplished that feat, especially since Rosalie was one of the least graceful people she knew. The only person Rosalie could think that was worse was Nymphodora Tonks who was the clumsiest person Rosalie had ever met.

Being one of the first on the train they had many options in what compartment they wanted, so they chose to use the one at the very end of the train, as this one would give the most privacy. When they arrived everyone got comfortable. It always amazed Rosalie how so many people could fit into one compartment, she had later found out that they expanded to allow as many people as you wished to sit comfortably in each compartment. However not many people knew about this as very few students read the whole of Hogwarts a history, as it is at the very end of the book.