6.

We all sat on the dock with my friend lily, I've known lily since we were little, although we aren't as close as we used to be I know I can always go to her for anything.
She is the most loyal person I know.

"Whose that?" John B says looking towards the guy being carried on the stretcher.

I look over to see a woman crying over what seemed to be her husband.
I fell sick to the stomach, I hate seeing people in pain.
Whenever someone's crying i can't look at them without tearing up.

"It's scooter grubs" Lily answers softly "he was out during the storm"

I zoned out their conversation going back to look at the poor lady, all I wanted to do was run up and give her a hug.
The woman's sobs made my heart clench in agony.

I look back at the pogoues to see them all staring at Lily's phone.
Curiously i look over at the picture, regretting it Immediately, it was a picture of Scooter Grubs lying dead in the blue water, crabs all around him pecking at his skin.
My eyes start watering with the feeling of puke running up my throat, I got up quickly and left.

I start running i didn't even know where I was going just far away, as I got near to the beach I find a bin and I puked into it, sobbing.

I fell to the sand, shaking, with the Image of Scooter playing like a movie in her mind.

"Ry!" a voice shouts, from what sounded far away, I turn my head to see JJ running towards me.

"Ry!" He says in a softer voice this time as he reaches me.

I look up to him, wiping my eyes to hide the fact I was crying which didn't work as my eyes were bright red.

when JJ realised I was crying he didn't say anything just sat down next to me, I look over at him and place my head into his shoulder continuing to sob.

A few minutes of silence past, I had stopped crying and me and JJ sat watching the waves crash on the shore and the kids running around.

"I'm sorry" I say quietly.

"For what?" J says turning his head away from the sea, which now meant he was looking at me.
"I'm a baby" I say softly "I didn't even know Scooter but I'm still sobbing"

"Hey, hey ry" JJ says moving his hand to my chin and lifting it up so I look back at him.
"You are not a baby" he says trying to comfort me "you just have the purest heart ever, you feel for a family you have never met.
Ry you are an angel, all you want is the best for everyone, but sometimes things happen differently." He says in the sweetest way possible.
although everyone sees JJ as this tough messed up teen, he shows me a side of him no one knows.

"Thank you JJ" I say resting my head back on his shoulder.
"Always" he says smiling and placing his hand on my thigh, which sent butterfly's through my stomach.

"Can I ask you a question?" JJ asked looking towards the now setting sun.

"Go ahead" I whisper.

"Have you ever been in love?" He asks in a vulnerable tone.

I stay silent trying to figure out what to say.

"No" I answer after a while "no I haven't"

"How come a princess like you has never fallen in love with a prince?" He asks chuckling.

"I guess I haven't opened myself up to anyone in that way, I shut people out as soon as things get serious" I say somewhat happy to get these things off my chest. "Since my "dad" or whatever he was, left me Ive been scared to love anyone, or to let anyone love me, he was my best friend and he- he just left me" I say as my voice cracks, and I wiped a tear that was running down my cheek. "I'm just scared that If I ever love someone like I loved my dad, that- that they will leave me too" I sigh.