x

part ten
patronus

Ringo stood in between Vara and Cody, who got held back a year, in defence against the dark arts along with the rest of the Gryffindors and Slytherins around a stage looking at Professor Flores, who stood in a centre.

"Today," the man started, gaining the attention of his chattering students, "we will be learning the patronus charm."

Ringo smiled, she was glad they were doing a spell she had already mastered, lowering her chances of embarrassing herself in front of half her year.

She clapped as Sirius was called into the stage, calling out the spell he had already perfected, allowing a silver dog to prance around the room happily, before noticing Ringo and proceeded to bound up to her happily.

Vara was up soon after, leaving Ringo with a small kiss to her temple, declaring that she would beat Sirius, despite the fact that this wasn't a competition. As soon as Vara was gone, Ringo was scared. Vara's presence made her feel protected but now it was just her and Cody stood next to each other, the rest of the marauders a few people away due to Cody dragging Ringo away from the group. Vara was only there because she didn't want Ringo to be alone. She found it pathetic, really, the fact that she felt an overwhelming sense of fear wash over her.

Ringo was ripped out of her thoughts as Vara's fluffy silver cat hopped onto her head, curling up into a ball slightly, causing both girls to laugh slightly. She was off the stage soon after, causing Ringo to feel safe again as the taller girl put a hand around her shoulder and pulled her into her side.

Soon enough, it was Ringo's turn to step onto the stage, and with a flick of her wand and a loud, clear pronunciation of the spell, a silvery golden retriever was prancing around the room. The patronus has apparently taken a shine to Sirius and licked around his face before snuggling into his neck, however, the golden retriever soon deemed him boring and decided to run the perimeter of the stage.

Ringo let out a loud laugh, one that her friends missed, one that was carefree and innocent. She laughed until her gaze fell on her boyfriend, who stood with a clenched jaw and tightened fists.

Of course, Cody Hinton had remembered Vara Laystone's words from when he sat in on one of their study sessions, which didn't include much studying.

"You can have the same patronus as someone because you love them, and they are connected to your happiness in a way that other people are not, since Patronuses are made from happy memories."

The girls words were fresh in his mind as his jaw tightened. Ringo and Sirius had the same patronus, he deduced.

James Potter walked through the hallways of Hogwarts dejectedly, after being rejected by his true love, Lily Evans, for the fifth time since breakfast. The boy stopped walking, however, when he heard two eerily familiar voices.

"You're in love with him aren't you, you little whore." The male voice spat, causing James' eyes to widen slightly.

"N-No! Of course not! If I liked him I wouldn't have said yes to you, Cody." The girl stated, causing James' eyes to widen even more in shock. His best friend was having an argument with her boyfriend. His best friend just got slut shamed by her boyfriend.

"Bullshit!" He heard Cody shout before hearing a loud punch and a quiet shriek.

That's when the boy made himself known, turning the corner to see Ringo pressed against the wall with both of Cody's arms trapping her. "Hey!" He shouted, making himself known to the pair.

Ringo's eyes widened slightly at the sight of her best friend whilst Cody's morphed into one of anger. "What do you think you're doing, Potter," Cody spat the boys name like he was repulsed by the mere thought of the boy.

"Could ask you the same thing, mate." James seethed, taking long strides towards the girl and wrapping his hand gently, yet urgently, around her wrist and pulling her away from the boy, his grip on her a great contrast to Cody's rough one.

Cody faked innocence, turning to the boy with a grin on his face, "I was just spending some time with my girlfriend."

"Maybe you shouldn't be spending time with your girlfriend."

"Maybe you should be on your way to lunch minding your own business." Cody seethed in anger, trying to pull Ringo back from the younger boys grip.

"Alright then, me and Ringo must be going now. See you later, Hinton." James stated, a fake smile plastered on his face as he took off in the direction of the great hall with Ringo in tow.

As Cody grabbed Ringo's free wrist roughly, tugging her back and in doing so gaining the attention of James, who turned swiftly and sent a hard punch to the older boys nose, a satisfying crack echoing through the halls.

Ringo gasped slightly as James took off and pulled her down another corridor, checking her face for bruises. "How long has he been hurting you, Go?"

The girls eyebrows pulled together in confusion, "the whole relationship?" She noticed James' eyes widen but decided to ignore it and continued, "only when he's mad though. I thought it was normal?"

James' eyes softened at the sight of his best fiend looking so vulnerable, assuring her that it was definitely not normal whilst dabbing at the cut forming on her lip with his handkerchief. "All done." James whispered as he finished cleaning up the blood on her lip.

Ringo found her breath stuck in her throat as she looked up at James, and soon the girl found herself leaning up slightly, the boys brows furrowed in confusion and before he knew it, Ringo's soft lips were placed on his own.

hannah

sorry guys, I've not been
feeling too good recently. I feel
like this stories getting real bad
so just let me know if you hate it i guess.