iii

part three
slushies

To say Sirius was shocked at what he saw when he walked downstairs was an understatement

Sirius Black had gone down for some crisps and saw Ringo at the dinner table curled into a ball and crying with Mrs Potter sat next to her whilst Mr Potter was writing some letters.

On instinct, Sirius had run to the dinner table and grabbed Ringo's forearm lightly, pulling her up gently but quickly, as though she would break, and engulfed her in an embrace.

"How about we all go out today, we'll invite Remus and Peter and go to diagon alley, yeah?" Sirius whispered in Ringo's ear, sending an uninvited chill down the girls spine as she tentatively nodded against his unsurprisingly muscular chest.

Vara had done Ringo's makeup before doing their own, much to the boys dismay as 'you took way too long!' To which Vara just called them a rude word.

"See, I know I wanted to leave quicker but do you have to be wearing a dress that short, Ringo?" James Potter whined as they walked through the streets of London, heading for the leaky cauldron, whereas Sirius just had his eyes set on Ringo's legs; which were littered with bruises, with a frown prominent on his handsome features. Naturally, she was self conscious about the bruises but she would rather that than sweat due to the abnormal heat.

"Oh- Oh! I want a slushie!" Vara exclaimed as they walked past a muggle sweet shop.

"Vara, we need to get Ringo's school stuff." Sirius told her, the whole group stopping as she stopped.

"But I want a slushie!"

"Fine. Remus can stay with you to get a slushie because the rest of us are hopeless with muggle money and you can meet us at Flourish and Blotts." Vara nodded, playing with the end of the blue t-shirt she was wearing before turning around and heading into the colourful shop with a slightly blushing Remus following behind her.

"Back to the point! What was the point?" James asked, scratching his head slightly with a look of confusion on his face.

"Ringo's dress." Peter supplied, opening the door for the leaky cauldron.

"It's not even a dress, it's just a massively oversized t-shirt that I paired with a belt." Ringo told the three boys, a small smirk on her face as she watched the boys all attempt stammer a response.

"T-Then it's definitely too short!" James finally managed to exclaim whilst Sirius just took off his Queen jumper and put it on her quickly.

"I'm wearing shorts underneath!" Ringo informed the boys, who calmed down slightly. The quartet stepped into diagon alley, immediately greeted by bustling people and colourful shops. The group immediately walked in the direction of Flourish and Blotts, Sirius swinging his arm over Ringo's shoulders as they walked, knowing of her social anxiety and just the mere fact that she was easily distracted was enough to scare him about losing her.

When they had arrived, Peter had taken to reading her list of school supplies, due to her dyslexia whilst Sirius and James searched for the books in question. "I heard we have a new defense against the dark arts teacher again, just like every year."

"They say the job is cursed." Sirius stated, furrowing his brows as he moved to find the needed transfiguration book, also grabbing a book on animagi that was nearby.

"I just hope the new teacher actually has a sense of humour." James snorted, referring to their old defense teacher who gave the marauders detentions every joke they made. James and Sirius had referred to him as 'that old git' on more than one occasion.

"I think we're finished." Peter told the trio, rereading the list to make sure, and handing it back to Ringo, who was sat on a table. Ringo and the three boys moved towards the cashier, the girl getting out the money that the Potters had given her despite her protests and Sirius sending the young girl a flirtatious wink just for the fun of it.

After exiting the shop, the saw Vara skipping towards them, which was weird, with a blue slushy in hand. "I got one!" She cheered with a big grin as she came to a halt in front of her friends.

"Is your tongue blue?" Ringo asked, trying to match her friends overwhelming enthusiasm. Vara nodded her head and stuck out her tongue in reply, which wasn't blue, it was strangely purple. The girl looked at her friend in confusion "Vara, that's not blue." The aforementioned girl put her tongue away with a pout as Sirius nudged Ringo, pointing to Remus Lupin who just so happened to have a red slushy in hand.

hannah

okay this is bad and
unorganised but it'll get better