4

(Mariana's pov)
It was the next day. I got dressed in sweats for school and headed off. Thankfully after I kissed Kairi my Nona said it was time to go. I don't know why I kissed him. I mean he's hot but I don't want what happened with my last relationship. And I can't trust Kairi he's hit me before so what's stopping him for hitting me again.

(Kairis pov)
I got to school and I saw Mariana by her locker. She's so beautiful but I know she'll never like me.
Kairi: hey Mari.
Mariana: what did u just call me?
Kairi: Mari. I- is that ok?
Mariana: um I have to go. I'll see you later bye.
She walked off and before I could go to her the bell went off and I walked to class.

(Mariana's pov)
Mari. Mari. Mari. Kept going through my head. The last time anyone called me that was when my dad was still alive. He was the only one who called me that and Kairi saying that brought back so many memories. I walked into class and I had to sit next to Kairi since there were no other seats.
Kairi: are you ok? I didn't mean to upset you.
Mariana: no it's ok. My dad used to call me that all the time before he passed.
Kairi: oh I'm sorry I didn't know.
Mariana: no it's nice. No one calls me that apart from him and when you said it, it brought back loads of memories of me and him.
Kairi: oh ok. Do you want to come round mine tonight yk to study.
Mariana: sure I'll come.
Kairi: ok and after the boys are coming if that's ok ?
Mariana: yeh of course.

•after school•
I walk out of school as I hear my name being called from behind me. I turn around and see Kairi and his friends.
Kairi: hey Mari.
Mattia: mari?
Kairi: yeh that's the name I gave her
Mattia: ohk then.
Kairi: oh and this is our friend Robert.
Robert: hi
Mariana: hello 😊
Kairi: where all going to mine now if you want to come.
Mariana: yeh sure. I just need to go home and make sure my Nona is ok.
Kairi: I'll drive you if you want.
Mariana: okie.
We all got in his car. Mattia and Kairi where in the front while I was in the back sitting next to Alejandro and Robert.
We got to my house and they all stepped out the car. I unlocked the door and my Nona was on the couch watching tv.
Mari: ciao Nona. How was your day?
Nona: ciao mi amore. It was good how about you?
Mari: mine was good. These are my friends Nona. You already know Kairi. This is Mattia, Alejandro and Robert.
Ale: hey nice to meet you um Mrs Martínez.
Nona: nice to meet you too! But please call me Nona.
Mattia: hello Nona
Nona: hello. Is your last name Polibio?
Mattia: yes it is.
Nona: I know your mother and grandparents.
Robert: hi I'm Robert.
Nona: nice to meet you as well.
Mari: where going to kairis house if that's ok?
Nona: yes yes of course. Please go change tho Mariana you can't go to someone's house looking like that!
Mari: yes Nona.
I go change and I wore:

Mari: ok nona I'm going now

Mari: ok nona I'm going now. If you need anything text me ok?
Nona: ok amore. I'll see you later. Have a good time ciao. We hugged and then we all got in the car. This time I was in front and Mattia was in the back with the boys.
Mattia: she should be back here she's small.
Alejandro: so should Kairi and he's small and bad a driving.
Kairi: hey don't be rude. It's your fault ur Dino sized! And I'm the one with the driver's license not you!
Robert: he does have a point tho
Mattia: shut up rebound!
Robert: ah rude. He put his hand on his chest dramatically and we all laughed.

hey hope everyone liked this chapter.
I also want to say that if anyone wants to talk I'll happily message u and talk. Ik what it feels like to not have anyone to talk to so just message me on Instagram @olafs.bby :)
Song: listen to 'before I close my eyes by X'