3

(Mariana's pov)
I got home and I got treated by my Nona.
Nona: ciao mi amore. How was school today.
Mariana: it was great.
Nona: did you tutor that boy again? I forgot his name sorry.
Mariana: yeh I am. His name is Kairi.
Nona: Kairi? Mhm. Is his last name Cosentino.
Mariana: yeh I think so why?
Nona: I'm friends with his mom. She invited me to her house for dinner tonight. Come with me and you can see your friend.
Mariana: I- he's not my friend I'm just tutoring him.
Nona: friend or not still come it'll be nice.
Mariana: ok Nona.

•skip to when we go to kairi's•
My Nona wanted me to change into 'something nice' since where going out to their house. I decided to wear:

Yes it's extremely out of my comfort zone but before everything happened I always used to wear things like this

Nona: ah che Bella!
Mariana: thank you Nona.
Nona: are you ready to leave then?
Mariana: yep. We get into my car since she doesn't drive and we go to kairi's house. She gives me the directions and soon enough where here. I turn the car off and we walk up to the door. Before we knock my Nona hands me some flowers for kairi's mom and then I knock and she opens it a few seconds later.
Mrs Cosentino: Hello Maria (Nona's name. Yes I'm named after her)
Nona: good evening Julie. (Idk if that's Kairi's moms name just pretend it is)
Nona: this is my granddaughter Mariana.
Mariana: h- hello Mrs Cosentino.
Mrs Cosentino: hello Mariana. Your the girl my son keeps talking about!
Mariana: what do you mean?
Mrs Cosentino: oh he's always talking about you. He's always saying how beautiful you are and how your the smartest person he knows. I blush. He really thought that? I give her the flowers and she lets me and my Nona inside. Then kairi's mom calls him and his sister down stairs and I see kairi's jaw drop as soon as he sees me.

(Kairi's pov)
My mom called me and Maiyia down stairs. I'm guessing her friend is over. I walked down and my jaw drops. I see Mariana and she's so beautiful. I haven't seen her wear anything but sweats in a while. I look over at her and I notice some bruises which where most probably caused by me and the boys. I feel bad.
Mrs Cosentino: This is Maria Martínez and her granddaughter Mariana. This is the girl you talk so highly of right? I see Mariana smile when my mom says that. I feel myself going red from embarrassment.
Kairi: ugh ye- yes that's her. I smile at her and then Maiyia comes down stairs.
Mrs Cosentino: Maiyia this is Maria Martínez and Mariana her granddaughter.
Maiyia: Hi. Mariana your really pretty.
Mariana: thank you. So are you. They smile at each other and then we sit down and eat food.
After we ate my mom and Mrs Martínez went into the living room and talked. Maiyia went back upstairs and I stayed with Mariana.
Mariana: sooo.
Kairi: sooo.
Mariana: what question did you get to when I left today.
Kairi: oh um I think it was like 7 or 8.
Mariana: better than I thought you'll do.
Kairi: hey. Offended. I said putting my hand on my chest. She laughed. Oh my god I love her laugh. Her smile is everything! I liked seeing her smile damn.
Mariana: about today. Just because we kissed doesn't mean I trust you.
Kairi: yeh I know. I'm just happy you accepted my apology.
Mrs Cosentino: Kairi take Mariana to your room and I'll clean up here.
Kairi: ok. We went into my room and I sat on my bed. She stayed standing awkwardly so I patted the empty space next to me for her to sit down.
Kairi: I'm sorry for everything I've done to you.
Mariana: it's ok.
Kairi: no it's not. I shouldn't of done those things to you I'm really sorry.
Mariana: it's fine don't worry.
Kairi: can I ask you something.
Mariana: sure.
Kairi: how did you manage to cover up all your scars and bruises?
Mariana: most of them with loads of makeup. Thankfully most of my bruises are near my chest so I didn't have to cover them up. But my cuts I just put a bandaid on and covered up the the rest with makeup.
Kairi: I- I'm really sorry.
Mariana: you've said sorry about 4 times already it's fine. She puts her hand on my leg to say it's ok. I see another bruise that she didn't cover that well.
Kairi: I know but I need to keep saying it because the scars from your cuts will stay there for ages and your bruises will be there for a while. And it's all because of me. I don't even know why I did it to start with. It's the worst thing I've ever do- I get cut off by her kissing me.

(Mariana's pov)
He kept talking and saying how sorry it was. I've been thinking about that kiss and school ever since. I'm not catching feelings it's just nice to know someone is the for me for once. Not that he'll stay. He'll probably end up finding a better looking girl and leave. It's not hard I'm ugly anyway there's plenty of beautiful people that he could get with.
I kiss him any way. It was nice. I put my hand on his cheek and he put his on my waist pulling me closer to him.

05/22/2020- I'm posting the last 4 chapters today not that anyone's going to read this. Also I don't get bullied I got homeschooled before corona but I cut and I used to do it when I was in school to. Not that anyone cares but it's not like I can just go up to my mom and show her the cuts so that's why I'm writing it down.
Song~ listen to 'listen before I go by Billie Eilish