7. High School Debut

Atsumu POV
(First day of school in Inarizaki High)

The moment the alarm clock went off ringing, Osamu and I wake up at the same exact time then immediately sprint to the bathroom having no mercy on one another as we shout curse words and shove one another to claim the bathroom.

It was a challenging facing my twin brother to claim the bathroom but once I reach the door, I push Osamu out of the way and immediately lock the door.

Knock Knock Knock

"Open the door 'Tsumu! You take forever in there! Let me go first!" He angrily shouts.

"No, I was first!" I shout back.

"Why are you even awake so early!? If I've known, I would've woken up earlier!" Osamu shouts as he continues to bang on the door.

I turn away from the door then look at my handsome reflection. I normally sleep in even after hearing the alarm clock go off but I didn't get much sleep last night. As embarrassing as it may sound, I was wide awake the entire night because I was excited for the first day of high school.

Of course, I'll never admit that to Osamu, he'll call me a kid if he knew.

I check myself out on the mirror and touch the blond hair that I dyed recently. Hmm... it looks pretty good. During the summer, Osamu and I had nothing better to do and dyed our hair to pass by time. I thought I would regret it but it's not that bad. Our hair will definitely catch people's attention and makes us stand out even more which is perfect for our high school debut as volleyball star players.

Knock Knock Knock

"Hurry up and stop staring at yourself in the mirror!" Osamu angrily shouts, almost ready to break down the wall.

"Fineeeee!" I shout and start to comb my hair to the side then get myself ready for the first day of school.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Inarizaki's boys' volleyball team play in person. I heard they're one of the top schools and often get into nationals. Being a starting player for them would be an amazing experience but those players in Inarizaki better be able to spike my tosses or else they're worthless.

After I finish getting myself ready, I open the door and catch Osamu staring at me with a flabbergasted look on his face. "You took 45 minutes in the bathroom. Why?"

"No, I didn't," I deny and the tip of my lips turn up. "Hey 'Samu how should we—-?" Before I can finish my sentence, he goes into the bathroom and shuts the door.

I shrug. Knowing Osamu, he must be excited for the first day of school as well. Maybe some high school romance can happen to him. Of course, I would want a girlfriend too but compared to him, I'm pickier with girls. All of the clingy girls that always surround us are noisy and don't know how to take the hint when I turn them down.

...

I forgot. It passed my mind til now but new high school means more frantic attention-seeking fangirls. I click my tongue. Hopefully, it won't be like middle school, I remember there was a time when we had a class trip and there was a girl who tried to get all close up to me. I was disgusted and straight up told her she was annoying as hell and she slapped me.

I sigh. I still remember how Osamu bluntly told me how I'm a shitty person and will be single for the rest of my life but I don't care. No more annoying fangirls, please!!! They could praise and admire me all they want as long as they don't bother and weird me out.

(2 hours later...)

"Hey 'Samu do something about them," I tell him as I gesture with my head to the girls that are just staring at us with love-struck eyes.