4. Entrance Exams

Michi POV

Time goes by fast as we past through our second year and go halfway into our third year in Yako Junior High School. At first, it was difficult for us to adjust to the school but surprisingly after a while, Mikki and I started to enjoy everyday here.

I admit our first few days here were crazy after the shocking revelation that the Miya brothers were twins like us, but we unexpectedly became close friends with them. We also became good friends with Izumi as well as with Aran, and even though he already entered Inarizaki high school during our third year, we still keep in contact with him every one in a while.

I stand in front of the classroom and take a deep breath in then exhale out. Just like everyday, I enter the classroom thirty minutes early and see Osamu causally sitting down on his seat as he checks his cellphone.

A smile forms on my face. Much to my joy, this year as third years, the four of us got assigned to be in the same class together. I know Mikki doesn't enjoy it as much as me because she has her moments where she argues with Atsumu so I doubt she's happy especially since she has to sit next to Atsumu but oh well not my problem.

I, on the other hand, have always come early to class to get the chance to Osamu. After all how can I miss such an opportunity? For once I'm motivated to actually go to school early, what a miracle.

I walk over to Osamu. "You're early again Osamu, aren't you?" I grin.

Osamu notices me and chuckles. "Always full of energy aren't you Michi?" 

I blush seeing that charming side of his. "N-N-Not really," I frantically stutter. "A-Anyways where's Mikki?" I ask, trying to hide my embarrassment from Osamu.

Osamu sighs. "I saw Atsumu grab Mikki in the cafeteria and drag her all the way to the volleyball gym." He shows me his phone. "Want to see? I recorded the whole thing."

"Sure," I say with a mischievous smile. I sit next to Osamu and we share earbuds together.

<Mikki! I need you to correct my serves!>

<Hah? It's 7:00 am. I want to eat some food. Maybe later.>

<It has to be now!>

<Why now? We already lost our last volleyball competition for this school year. Just take a -- O-Oi! Atsumu let go! Hey Osamu don't just stand there! Help me out!—- Ahhhh!>

"Pffft hahahaha Atsumu carried Mikki like a sack of potatoes," I laugh. "I'm not even surprised. I bet he's acting like a brat because of his loss against Sakusa."

"Probably," Osamu shrugs. "You know how he is."

"So true~" I giggle and turn to Osamu. "Hey Osamu would it be okay if you could send —" my eyes widen when I realize my face is close to his.

My face flushes bright red. "Ummm—— send it to me!" I quickly back away. "Sorry Osamu!" I apologize.

"... it's okay," he answers back.

He's probably thinking how weird I am!

"Oh! Entrance exams are coming up!" I blurt out.

"They are," he smiles. "Are you ready for them?"

"Nope, but I'll grind study like how I always do," I proudly declare.