Chapter 15: 'We're pregnant with Aura's baby.'

Start from the beginning

As she remained silent, I ventured into her mind through the mate bond trying to catch her train of thoughts. But, what I found there just made me fist my hand to stop myself from taking her again. 

Easy, Very Easy. Breathe in. Breathe out. Everything's fine. I try to think about the task I had to accomplish today. 

Wait, what was it? 

Breakfast? 

Yes, Breakfast. 

No. Not "the" Breakfast! Dirty mind! Bad mind!

Noodles!!

Where did that come from??

Why do I sound like I'm pregnant and on labor? What do they think during labor, anyway?

My monologue broke when I heard peals of laughter. " Oh my gosh! You are such a dork!" She laughed and flicked my forehead. "I am very sore. We are not having another round. "

My wolf puffed his chest in pride. What the hell? I did all the work last night. Not my wolf!

" Darling, your wolf gives you the strength. He does have a reason to be proud. " She told me in a shy voice, her face turning red again. 

I swear I saw my wolf grin and stick his tongue at me. Such a weird-ass wolf! But, I just gasped dramatically and said, "You don't love me! I worked so hard for this body and I get no love! " 

I pouted and gave her my amazingly toned back. I heard her giggle. I struggled to maintain my poker face. 

"Mathew!" She coaxed me. I heard her wrap the blanket around herself securely. Then she trailed kisses from my shoulder down my biceps. I bit my lip to stop my smile. My heart raced and I felt dizzy and drunk with love.

" Matt, come on! Won't you look at me... Yes, you have an amazing body that you worked hard for... And I love it. I Love You! "

I turned and wrapped my arms around her as I mentally stuck my tongue at my wolf.  Zev just snorted and rolled his eyes. But, my ego plummeted when she said, "I Love You Both!"

"Now, go grab me my clothes... They're probably on the floor. "

I grabbed a pair of shorts and slipped myself into it. I picked up three pieces of shredded cloth that were supposed to be her shorts. The night before after two rounds, we decided to sleep. But then, things escalated again. I remembered shredding the same pair of shorts whose pieces I now held in my hands.

She looked at it in horror, "Those were my favorite pair of shorts!" She scowled. 

I gave her my magnificent smile and walked into the bathroom to fill her a warm bath instead to ease her soreness. I walked back to her and picked her off the bed as she squealed and complained of her nakedness. She relaxed when I placed an assuring kiss on her forehead.

I placed her into the bath and grabbed a stool to sit down. I had questions to ask and I'd forget again if I joined her in the bath. Better do the job when I'm sober.

" Tell me... Tell me why you didn't pick my calls. Why did you block out the mate bond?" I asked her. She reached out for my hand and placed her lips on my palm. " Cass has got the mark... What happened?"

"Matt, promise me that you won't act recklessly after you hear me out."

Now, I was worried. I could feel my wolf getting angry at the possibility of... But, I still said, "I Promise."

.

.

.

By the time she finished telling me, I could feel my entire body shaking. Cass has been through a lot in her past already. Of course, nobody knows that. She always seemed to conceal that side of hers. I wanted to kill. I don't care if he is my goddamn Alpha. I want to kill him.