"Nakul? Are you crying?" Dhriti asked bending down to look at his face.

"I'm going to miss you Didi. What will I do without you?" He asked, now completely crying.

"Nakul..... I'm not the only one in the world. You have so much to do. Keep yourself occupied. Learn new things. And you have your animals with you dear brother. Sure you'll miss me. I'll miss you all too." She said wiping his tears.

"Didi..... Whom will I wake up every night for Bhrata Bheem's food hunt? Who will laugh on my jokes? And who will save me from Panchali's glares when I act like a kid." He cried further as tears now started slipping down Dhriti's face.

"Its not always necessary for people whom we love to be in our sight forever. We don't have Pitashree and Mata Madri with us but their presence is always felt because they're here." She said pointing towards her heart.

"Coming to your Panchali, she loves each and every single one of you a lot. Don't you ever think otherwise. She's hard on the outside but she has a soft heart Nakul. Nurture her, give her the respect she deserves. She has been through a lot and her sacrifice is above all." Dhriti explained as her brother nodded.

"Seems like you have a solution to every problem. So whom will I tease and run behind. Can you imagine didi, we're not going to be the chaotic siblings goofing around anymore." He said sitting straight.

"So what? We knew we had to grow up at some point of time. This is the time." She said wiping her tear stains.

"Yeah. You're right didi." Nakul said smiling.

"Yeah yeah. Can't believe you're the same person crying a few minutes ago." Dhriti laughed.

"Humans cry didi." Nakul said getting up.

"Yeah that's what! Humans cry." She said suppressing her laughs.

"Haha. Very funny. This remains with us. You're not going to tell anybody that I cried. I'm a strong brother. And this is one of the many secrets I've shared with you in my entire life." Nakul said turning back.

"Alright alright. Your secret is safe with me Rajkumar." She smiled.

"Now go get some sleep. I'm sure Panchali will come to shake you out of your dreams in a few hours. Its your haldi tomorrow. Feels like I'm going to play holi." He laughed exiting the room as Dhriti finally decided to get a bit of her beauty sleep.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Oh where are my heavy jewels today?" Dhriti asked as she sat in front of her mirror, adoring the light yellow coloured lehenga she was wearing for her Haldi.

"You're unpredictable Rajkumari! Yesterday you were nearly ranting about how heavy they were, and now that we're putting these beautiful flowers, you're asking for them." Her dasi said making others chuckle.

"You'll miss my rants." She said faking disappointment.

"You know you've been telling this to almost everyone in the Palace." Draupadi laughed tying the jasmine bajubands on her arms and chrysanths around her forehead.

"So how's all the preparations going?" Sulabha asked as she entered the room.

"Pranam Kakishree." Draupadi and Dhriti smiled as Sulabha approached.

"My putri is looking so beautiful and gentle. But I specially came here to inform that someone please take her to Mata Parvati's temple before Haldi. Because you're not allowed to leave the Palace until the wedding day. And not to mention, not allowed to meet my son-in-law as well." Sualabha patted her as the room filled with giggles.