Kansas

Darkness

This was the only thing that could be seen by the group, as they fell into the seemingly endless void. They were falling for what felt like hours, which in reality was only a minute or two. The darkness was so great that they couldn't even see one another as they continued to fall. Within another moment, another portal opened, the ponies and dragon crashing with a harsh landing upon the ground. Every pony groaned in pain from the impact before sitting up. Twilight shook off the dizziness to clear her vison before breaking the silence.

"Is every pony alright?"

"I'm good here," Rainbow Dash replies.

"We're fine," Rarity said. Fluttershy merely nodded.

"A little sore but ah'm just dandy," Applejack said.

"Us too," Pinkie said, gesturing to herself and Spike.

Seeing her friends were okay, Twilight smiles with relief watching every pony stand on their legs and shook themselves off. As their vision started coming back, they could make out a bit of the landscape of where they ended up. They could see grassy plains for miles and miles on end, even a few farms in the distance. There was one thing though, once they noticed it, which cause them to gasp in shock..

There was no color!

No color could be seen on anything at all. The only color everything had was a tan beige color, some darker than others but nothing else. Every pony looked around frantically trying to see if maybe their vision was still fuzzy but no matter how hard they tried, the color never came back at all.

"AHHHH!!!"

Twilight jumped back and faced Rarity, the one pony who screamed and soon noticed why. Not only was there no color on the landscape before them...

The ponies, and Spike himself, had no trace of color on their frames.

All the ponies and the little dragon looked at themselves, noticing the display. No purple, no blue, no orange, no anything. Many of them shared concerned, frightened looks on their faces as they kept looking amongst themselves and their surroundings.

"What in pony feathers is going on here?!" Rainbow asked, worriedly.

"Twilight! How could this have happened!?" Rarity shrieked.

"I have no idea!" Twilight shrugged.

The only one that seemed to be having any fun whatsoever in this situation was Pinkie. Instead of looking scared, she was rather intrigued.

"This is so weird but also very cool," Pinkie smiled, looking at herself. "I guess since I'm not pink anymore I can't be called Pinkie anymore. Maybe now I can be called Sandy because of the sandy color!"

Pinkie, or rather 'Sandy', laughed. Every pony else just rolled their eyes.

Leave it to Pinkie to find humor in a bad situation.

"So what do we do now?" Rainbow asked, floating in midair. "We have no idea where we are or what's going on here and the color seemed to just magically disappear!"

"I think the television had something to do with this," Spike spoke up.

The others looked at him with a 'no kidding' look and he just scratched the back of his head and looked away. As he looked away, he noticed something moving off in the distance.

"Hey guys, look over there!"

The others faced Spike's direction, as he pointed toward the distance and soon they all saw it. It was a large bipedal creature walking on two legs. Clearly from the slender frame of the creature they knew it was a female. She wore a white shirt with short puffy sleeves that stopped after her shoulders and a light-blue gingham dress. She also had two braided pigtails and black shoes. Following alongside her was a small brown terrier dog that stayed by her side as she ran down the country road.