six

Bree

Bree

"I haven't told her yet," I sighed. Ada kept fixing her makeup in the mirror as I laid on my back.

She was like my therapist and I really needed it right now. I was getting really anxious about the whole Sai situation. I was glad she had come home but I knew that she and Elijah had a history. No matter how much they denied it, there might have still been something there. I liked how things were going between us and I was worried that she might mess it up.

"Well now it looks like we all lying to her face. And I'on like that." I didn't like it either, but what choice did I have?

Tia walked into the room wearing a tight-fitting black dress with some red bottoms. Her and Ada started grinding on each other like we had already made it to the club. I thought that after everything, we wouldn't get our dynamic back. I was more than relieved when things slowly returned to normal. Tia kind of just came back like nothing ever changed. I get it though, because why would we keep bringing up old shit.

"Damn, shit must really be going good at your shop. You all iced out and shit."

She did a spin and lifted up her foot so we could see the bottom. "I'm not playing tonight, yall. Everybody got somebody and I'm older than all y'all asses and still single as fuck. It's just not fair."

She was the type that seemed like they really didn't need nobody, so I didn't see her rush to find a man. "You really think we're gonna find you someone at the club?" She shrugged and stared at her phone.

"Single life boring and I'm almost 30. Gotta stop hanging with you kids and find me a real man," she licked her lips. Both me and Ada kissed our teeth. She was always trying to play us like we were her children.

"Okay mature ass. Then why you ask us to go out tonight since we kids?" I sat up.

There was a knock at the door and since I was already getting up I went and answered it. "Better be Sai extra late ass," Ada said from the room.

"Is that A ass in the back being messy? I'll whoop you, trick!" She yelled after pulling me in for a hug.

I don't actually know how she's really doing since we haven't had the chance to catch up like that. So I have no idea how she is gonna react if I tell her that I'm actively dating her ex.

Sai didn't know it but it was really killing me that she came back. Yeah, I'm happy that my homegirl is alive and well. I'm glad that she came back and we're all cool. But I feel so insecure that she's gonna just come right back and swoop in to take my man. That doesn't sit right with me.

We walked back in and Tia was half asleep on a stool next to the door, and Ada was still adding color to her lips. "At this rate, we're not going anywhere."

"How's Neisha?" Ada asked from the mirror.

"Eh, she okay. We just working on it right now." I didn't expect to see Neisha tonight but I hoped she was doing okay. I know Shawn still mad at Sai but that's just gonna take time, too.