↠Christmas - 040*

— C H R I S T M A S —

C H R I S T M A S —

Sage was correct. On her right cheek, there was a large bruise that was dark brown and slightly blue. She didn't realize how hard her father had actually hit her until the bruise formed. And Sirius was beyond livid. He was out for blood for a few good days. Sage was genuinely so worried Sirius would do something stupid that she had James and his parents come by to talk him down because he wasn't listening to her. But that quickly backfired and it turned into Fleamont, Euphemia, and Sage threatening the spell the boys into the room if they tried to leave. James just as mad as her fiancé, hell, even the older Potters were in complete disgust, with Euphemia pulling Sage into a tight hug and whispering in her ear that she would curse her father for her.

Even though Sage did truly appreciate the care they had shown her, she told them that she would handle it herself, seeing as he was her blood. The young queen still believes that if James and Sirius get any time alone together they'd apparate to where he was staying and curse him to oblivion. Eden and Jasper were completely shocked. They had seen their father get close to violence a few times throughout their lives, the three royal children were not easy to deal with, they knew that. And sometimes, yeah maybe the should have gotten a small slap on the wrists for the stunts they pulled. But hitting his 17-year-old daughter so hard that it left a mark, that was far beyond anything they ever thought he'd do.

For Jasper, that was it. That was the last straw. In his older years, the father has turned bitter, and aggressive. Sage had made it quite clear to her brother that she would always support her brother, and so had little Eden and Sirius. That was all he needed. The acceptance of his family. His true family.

Three days had passed since the incident, and Christmas was upon them. Sage was up around three in the morning, trying to rock Alexander back to sleep as he fussed. The baby preferred his adoptive fathers hold, Sage truly believed. He was already a daddy's boy. Eventually, Alexander settled down and Sage laid him back in his crib, watching his breathing to make sure he was okay before heading back to bed. "Is he asleep?" Sirius mumbled to her when she laid down. "Yes. He wasn't too happy about not seeing daddy though." Sage settled when Sirius wrapped his arms around her.

A chuckle broke through from deep inside Sirius's chest, and Sage playfully hit his chest, telling him to go back to sleep.

———

Sage was bouncing Alexander in her arms, humming to his to the tune of the muggle Christmas music. Sirius was talking to Jasper a and Eden was eating sweets with Theo. Sage couldn't help but smile at the sight of her family, how they were finally growing after the loss of her mother. The rest of the Marauders and Lily were supposed to be stopping by before the night ended to exchange gifts.

While she was standing, Theo and Eden hopped around each other towards her, smiles on their faces as they neared the teen queen. "Sage! Can we hold him?" Eden tried to smile and bat her eyelashes at her older sister. Sage felt joy boil over in her chest. "As long as we can get a picture of it."

"Deal."

It took less than a minute for both Theo and Eden to be sitting on the maroon couch with dark wood accents, anxiously waiting for the child to be put in one of their arms.

"Can I hold him first?" Theo questioned Sage timidly. Sage smiled and nodded. Carefully, she moved the baby into Theo's arms, moving his limbs slightly to support Alex better. Theo started down at Alexander in wonder, like it was the first time he had ever seen something so pure. . . Maybe it was.

The switched Alexander to Eden's arms after a while, and the princess looked at her niece with adoration. "He's so cute! Look at his fat little cheeks!"

———

It was later in the night, Sirius had finally gotten Alexander to sleep when James and Lily apparated into the living area. Lily instantly pulled Sage into a tight hug and apologized about her father. Sage just shrugged her off and told her it didn't bother her much anymore. James pulled her quickly into another hug, telling that he missed his sister when Sirius walked in and hugged Lily.

"Little red, how is it at the Potters Mansion this fine Christmas holiday?" He asked, mocking formality with his question. Lily playfully rolled her eyes and smiled at him. "It's been nice. . . it is surprisingly much calmer than I thought it would be," Her words caused Sirius to laugh, genuinely hard.

"Has your dad tried to come back?" James whispered to Sage as they hugged. Sage chuckled, "No, James, and he won't be allowed past the gate if he even tried." James nodded his head, satisfied with her answer. James then turned and looked around the room, "Where are my other siblings?"

"Eden wasn't feeling well, had a bit of a headache and stomachache, so Theo went to bed not long after she did, and Jasper was just exhausted. . . Sweet Merlin, I'm starting to sound like my mother!" Sage laughed at herself and covered her face with hands, making the other three laugh as well. "We invited Remus and Peter, but Peter said he was busy with his family, and Remus. . . It might be his last Christmas with his mum."

The air turned slightly melancholy. Hope Lupin was getting sicker by the day, and they weren't sure if she was going to make it to the end of their 7th year, which was merely 6 months' time now. It made Sage incredibly sad. Hope was an incredible woman, not to mention a wonderful mother. She hoped that she could like Hope Lupin with Alexander and her and Sirius's future children.

"How about we open gifts before it gets too late? Huh? Keep the Christmas spirit high!"

———

this chapter is so bad, and so not worth the wait i'm so sorry. i cannot describe how sorry i really am. i have such horrible writers block for this story recently, and have been trying to write it for so long but was never satisfied. there are literally 4 different versions of this chapter in my revisions.

but, while you are here, Regal is less than one thousand reads from 100k right now as i write this, and i would like to express my gratitude. each and every one of you make me love what i do, and if you told me three years ago Sage and Sirius would get 100k readers i would've laughed in your face. thank you all, so much!

with much love,
cassie:)