↠Summer - 028

"You always have been enough"

—S U M M E R—

Sage walked towards the train with her trunk rolling behind her and her sister accompanying her. The two royals were talking about what it was going to be like once Sage was moved out and their father returned. Their father had always been closer to Jasper and Eden, but had a special bond with his youngest child. She was quite literally his princess. "I just... It'll be so boring without you there to bother us all the time," Eden was exaggerating. Sage just chuckled at her sisters words. "I'm going to be there everyday still, Eden. All of my work is there, and so is my family." Sage ruffled Edens blonde hair.

Eden glared at her older sister as she fixed her hair. "Hey! Eden!" The two girls stopped when a boy with black hair and blue eyes called out to the younger sister as he ran towards her. "Finally! I couldn't find you anywhere!" He stopped next her. Sage recognized the boy. It was Eden's friend she met on the train at the beginning of the year. "Hey Theo." Eden have him a bright smile.

Sage glanced between the two kids. "I'm going to find Jasper, I'll see you on the train," Sage whispered to her sister who nodded and continued her conversation with Theo. As Sage made her way through the crowd she would smile and waved at the other students who did the same. "Jasper!" She started calling out when she couldn't find him. Without warning, someone grabbed her arm tightly and turned her around. "Regulus?" The boy gave her a slight smile and Jasper stepped out from behind him.

Her brother did not look happy with her. "When were you going to tell me that our father was moving back in with us? Or that you're moving out?" Sage sighed and rubbed her face. "Can we talk about this on the train, please?" Jasper nodded and left. Regulus put his hand on her shoulder. "I'll talk to him... Also, I wanted to thank you, for everything you've done... For both my brother and I," Regulus thanked her. Sage nodded and moved away from him touch.

———

"Jasper is mad at me." Sage's hands covered her face as she tried to stay calm. "Isn't he always mad at you?" Peter asked her causing Sage to give him a dark glare. "What is he mad about, love?" Sirius questioned her. "He's mad that I didn't tell him about my father moving in with them and me moving out," She answered him. "You didn't tell him?" Sirius looked shocked. "I was going to wait until we got home because I knew he'd be all dramatic about it and I didn't want to deal with it in school-" Sage cut herself off and groaned loudly.

Sirius laughed at his girlfriend and draped his arm around her shoulders. "It's okay, love, he'll get over it soon," Sage just leaned her head on Sirius shoulder and shrugged. "He bloody better."

———

Walking off the train felt exhilarating to Sage. She could finally be home, see her full family, and move in with Sirius. This summer would be so much different from the last. Of course, she still had work, and yes, she was still fighting a war from what felt like the outside, but she had her friends, all of them. "So, I will see you in two weeks," Sirius told her as the hugged on the platform. During those two weeks Sirius would be staying with the Potter family so that he would have to go home and be harassed by his parents.

"But that's so long," Sage groan with a frown. "Don't make this super cheesy, Princess," Sirius chuckled at her. "I can't help it." Her words caused Sirius to start laughing harder. The boy gave her a kiss on the forehead before saying his goodbyes and leaving with the Potters. Sage turned to be met with Eden. "Jasper is already outside waiting," Eden told her sister who nodded. The two royals made their way to their brother.

Sage sighed and looked at her little brother. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would be a big deal, I was going to tell and hopefully surprise you when we got home. I truly didn't think you'd be this upset. I'm sorry," Sage apologized as Jasper stared at her. "It's fine... Just, keep me in the loop next time." Sage nodded and the siblings left KingsCross Station.

———

It was like a field day when the siblings arrived at the castle. They ran through the halls like children and laughed pure joy. They always forget how much they miss home until they arrive back. "Sage," A deep voice called for her. Sage turned and saw her father standing at the end of the hall. "You look lovely," He complimented her. "Thank you... I, uh, I didn't think you'd be coming home today," She told him truthfully.

The man gave out a dry laugh. "Well, I couldn't miss my children's first day home, especially your last summer as a student," Sage nodded and shifted uncomfortably. "Is there anything you need?" She asked him. "No, I still remember my way around here," He brushed her offer off. "Well, then, I must be going." Sage quickly turned around and headed towards her bedroom.

The girl slammed her door closed and leaned against it with her eyes closed. He was her father for Merlin's sake, why was she so uncomfortable around him? She knew why, she just couldn't process it in that moment. "Get it together, Sage... Only one week, that's it!" Sage mumbled to herself as she walked over to her bed to lie down.

This was about to be the longest week of her life.