Chapter 12

Steve's POV

When Nat said we were going to have a Thanksgiving Dinner, I thought were going to have it on Thanksgiving but Nope that can never happen in this household.

Tony and Bruce have been working on a project called Ultron ever since the Winter Soldier incident and I guess just last month they were testing their Porto type. Yet of course it went wrong wrecking half of the tower. Now the tower has been under construction for a month or so now and it's almost Christmas. Even then Nat is still forcing us to have this Avengers Dinner.

I'm some what glad though. This has given me time to get Bucky ready for the Dinner and get more comfortable with everybody. Bucky and Clint are really good friends now and I'm happy to see that. Nat is also talking with Bucky more which is good too. Besides that though since our floor was wrecked due to the Ultron project Bucky and I were moved into my old house.

"Steve?", Bucky says from the couch.

"Yeah?", I say bringing a bowl of chips over to the couch.

"Nat just texted me, she wanted to see if we could come to Clint's Farm for the dinner this weekend."

"Yeah of course we can come, she would force us if we said no."

Bucky laughs and then says, "I'm really looking forward to this but I feel like I'm going to be out of place there. I know Tony will hate me."

"He won't hate you Bucky, maybe at first but no he won't."

He pauses the TV and looks at me seriously. "Steve I've read my file over and over. I killed his parents along with other numerous people."

I know he read his file a couple weeks ago, causing him to have nightmares again but I think he's getting better, I don't know. "Bucky, not everyone is perfect. Tony will come to understand."

"Yeah but what about the other people. I mean I don't know about Falcon or Thor. I'm not even sure about Hulk."

I sit next to him and cup his face. "Look at me. They will all understand, trust me. Whatever happens this weekend, I'll be by your side remember. Till the end of the line."

He kisses me and rest his forehead on mine, "Thank you Steve, I don't how I could survive without you."

--- The Weekend ---

Bucky's POV

Steve and I arrive at Clint's Farm. Fortunately no one is there yet except Nat and Clint. We walk to Clint's House, passing some horses and crops. Steve knocks on the door and Clint answers it. "Hey you guys are here! Nat and I are cooking in the kitchen. Steve could you come and help us and Bucky can you help set up."

"Yeah, of course.", we both say.

Coming into the house, it's a pretty small place so I ask, "Clint, how are we going to fit everyone in here." Clint laughs and says, "We're having the dinner outside duh. Now come with me to put up the lights out in the Backyard."

I help Clint with the lights and setting up the tables. The view is beautiful facing the more crops. By the time we're done, it's sunset, making it look even more beautiful.

We both go into the house. Steve and Nat are still in the kitchen. In the living room, Thor and Bruce are on the couch watching some TV. Suddenly I get nervous, so I head into the Kitchen not wanting to say anything to anyone.

Steve's POV

Bucky comes in with a pale face. He knows Thor and Bruce are here. Nat see Bucky too and says, "Everything is almost done. Go and help Bucky." I take off my apron and head over to Bucky.