Chapter 1

Bucky's POV 

        I drag him out of the water. I'm saving him, why? I barely know this man, all I know is that I knew him. I let go of him and I walk away. He'll be fine. Yet somehow I feel that he won't but I still leave him. I have to figure out things with myself before I see him again.

---- A week later ----

       Kids walk aroud the exhbit adoring their hero, Captain America. I spot two kids near a photo of someone who was me, one with burnette hair while the other has dirty blonde hair. Walking over to the photo of my past, I listen to them talk. "I'm just like him James, I'm like Bucky and your Captain America Harry", says the boy with dark brown hair. "Yeah right, you'd be a way better captain than me. I mean look at you", says the skinny blonde. "Just because I'm bigger than you doesn't mean that I have the guts to do save people", says the brunette.

        Listening to them I remember something when I was a kid.

        I throw a baseball at a skinny blonde kid who looks like a cluelesss puppy. He doesn't catch the ball but it hits him in the chest. I run over to him as gasps for air. I pat his back while saying,"I knew it, I shouldn't have thrown the ball so hard".

        "It's okay Buck, acidents happen sometimes".

        "Yeah but I hurt you".

        "No you didn't, you just winded me".

        "You sure".

        "Yes, I'm fine Buck", the blonde boy says as he gets up.

        "You sure you okay, Steve".

        "Yes I'm fine", Steve says. He picks up the ball and he throws it at me. "Throw it" he says. I throw it but a bit softer just in case he gets hit by it, yet this time he catches it. "I caught it Buck, I caught it!", he says with a triumphant look on his face. "Yeah you did", I say with a grin on my face. I walk over and place an arm across his shoulder. "I knew you wold catch it sometime", I say as we start walking. 

         I snap back into reality with a huge pain in my head. I was Captain America's friend, best friend to be exact, as I start to read the information on me. Still trying to get the pain out of my head I look at the pictures that display our friendship or well my old self's friendship. I'm not him, I'm not that guy I was before. I'm an assassin, who's trying to remember.

        I walk out of the exhbit, and go to a nearby park to sleep for the night since I have no home. I find a bench and lay down on it, making sure no one is around to see me. I doze off thinking of the man on the bridge.

Steve's POV

        I've been through Bucky's folder about 10 times already and everytime I read it, I get so shocked and depressed. It's been a couple months since the Winter Soldier Incident and I still haven't found him. Tony, Sam and Natasha are helping me find him but I feel like they're barely helping me. I mean Tony is having JARVIS looking through security footage but nothing has popped up. Sam and Nat go around the city into alleyways and parks to see him, still we haven't found him.

--- 2 days later ---

        My phone rings as I see Tony's face pop up on my screen. I answer my phone to hear Tony say,

        "I've found him"!

        "Where is he"?  

        "He just stopped by your wonderful, exhbit, capsicle".

        "You serious"!

        "As serious as you were when you went into the ice".

        I dismiss his comment as I'm covered with great relief and exciment, "Okay thanks Tony, I'm going to call Sam and Nat, see ya".

        "See ya".

        I hang up and call Nat and Sam. Luckily they were near the museum and they went to the nearby park there. I grab my jacket and head out the door.

        Sam, Nat and I look around the park for about 20 minutes till I find a man on a bench, sleeping. I look at him trying to see signs of Bucky. I start to loose hope till he turns and I see a piece of metal on his left arm. Walking up to the bench he wakes up and I say, "Hey Buck, it's me Steve, you remeber me"? Still sleepy he yawns and says "Steve"? "Yeah it's me buddy", I say.

        He stands up and says "You've found me then"?

        "Yeah I have, I know this is a big decision but why don't you come back to my place. It seems clear to me that you have no where to go".

        "You sure? I mean I don't want to worry you. I barely know you remember"?

        The last sentence hits me hard but I smile and say "Well maybe if you stay with me, you might be able to remember more".

        "I'll come since your insisting on.it".

        We both walk to the car where Sam and Nat are talking. They both look at me then look at Bucky with so much hatered that Bucky stands back, just incase they might attack him. "He's not going to hurt anybody, trust me", I say. Nat, still staring at Bucky says "So, he doesn't even know who he is or was. All he knows is that he's on a mission, to kill you". Bucky breaking his silence says "I'm not going to kill you. The only important thing to me right now is knowing who I am and what I was with him". Nat doesn't say anything but she just gets into the car, then Sam does. I stand alone with Bucky before I say "Let's go then". "Yeah let's go".

A/N Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if there are any mistakes. If you want more, comment and I'll update as soon as I can so yeah. Have a great day, whoever you are! (yeah I know awkward but whatever)