Chapter 4

Steve's POV

        The next few days aren't that exciting, I've just been helping Bucky through all the new technology. He's been adjusting pretty well but I still worry about him. His nightmares have been becoming more worse. It sucks because I can't force myself to say any more words than its okay, because everytime I look at him, I blame myself for his pain.

        It's my fault. I could've done so much more but I didn't. Just a couple of days ago I started having nightmares again. It's always the same dream too.

        My hand reaches out, trying to grasp for his hand. His hand reaching for his life, yet the bar breaks. He falls screaming, his arms reaching out like something will magicaly rescue him. I look at him, with my heart breaking more and more as he gets farther than me. I turn my head away, like he will come back if I turn back around. But he doesnt, everything melts away and changes.

        I'm in a room with Bucky. The Winter Soldier Bucky to be exact. "Look at me, Steve", he says. I look up to see a metal arm, with cuts, bruises, scars all over his body. "This is what you did to me", he says. He walks over to me and yells "WHY, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS ME". Quickly he takes out a knife and says "this is for the pain you caused me". The knife goes into my throat.

        I wake up, sweat across my head and chest. I get up to see Bucky in the doorway.

        "You've been having nightmares, I know", he says.

        I stay there, not knowing what to say.

        "Its okay, I'm sorry too. I'm the one who bought back those memories. It's not fair to have you go through that. We can get through this together".

        "But, I'm the one who caused you to have those memories".

        "I forgive you, if thats what you want me to say".

        "You forgive me"?

        "Of course I do. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. You have given me a second chance. You could've just given up on me but you didn't. That to me sounds like a real friend. Now go back to sleep".

        "Thanks Buck, Night".

        "Night".

Bucky's POV

        I go back to the couch, thinking about what just had happened. Yes, I knew Steve had nightmares but about how he couldn't save me? I thought he knew I forgave him but I guess not. Do I help him? I don't know how to though. Damnit, only if I knew but of course I brain can't remember a damn thing. I ponder a bit more but nothing pops up so I just drift to sleep.

        I'm on a table, strapped down. I know where I am. I'm in a Hydra compound, this was the time where Hydra did tests on me, to prepare me to become their soldier. But's that all I remember. Yet a person comes in.

         A man with a shield in an americian-ized suit. "Bucky", he says. "Steve", I respond with, surprised to see him. "I thought you we're dead" he says, freeing me from the table. I get up and say "I thought you we're smaller". He grins and says "Yeah well I alot has changed".

        I wake up to see no one cooking so I head over to Steve's room to see if he's okay. When I walk into his room I see him drawing, drawing what? I'm not sure.

        "Morning", I say,

        "Oh hey, morning".

        "What you drawing'?

        "Nothing really".

        "Okay then show it to me".

        "Its not really good".

        "Just show it to me punk". Did I just say punk? I think I used that word to call......

        "Wow you used to call me punk. If you ever said that I would always said jerk. Just in case you didn't remember".

        I can't believe it, I'm actually remembering bits now. Not putting to much thought into that I say "Oh well you going to show me it or not".

        He lifts up his notebook to see a picture of a skiinny boy next to a well-built man. "Its us", he says. "Before everything happened" he says, ending his thought.

        I walk over and get the notebook from him. I see a man and him. A man with short burnette hair, tall and muscular. I see a man smiling, like all he needed was Steve and he wouldn't care if he was poor or rich. A man who is willing to give up everything to protect his best friend. I see a man who isn't me. I see a man who I can never be, ever.

        Yet I see how much he cares for Steve.

A/N: Hey guys. I know this chapter isn't as long but I wanted to end on that point. I also know alot feels happened in this chapter, espically for Steve. But you know, I just think Steve would start having those feelings again, I mean he has to help his best friend for his nightmares that he caused. Well anyways, the next chapter should be a bit happier. Also I went to the L.A county fair this weekend and they had some comic there, so I bought some. I'm so happy! Finally, should I start dedicated chapters? I want to but idk, comment if you think that would okay with you guys. See you guys later! :)