Nadir even wondered how Erik didn't know about their previous encounter but then again, he was only human. He couldn't be at all places at all times and witness everything and by judging how his friend has changed; he most likely didn't spy on the others anymore or at least as much as he used to.

"What did he do Nadir?!" Erik raised his voice, now a few steps away from the said man. It was then, Daroga realized he was silent for too long and that was something that Erik didn't like. He always took it for something wrong happening and the suspense of waiting didn't help on his anger either.

"Nothing. He simply asked her for dinner. However, he didn't seem to take a No for an answer despite Morgana's tries"

"That's it. He is a dead man" the masked man shouted as he rushed to grab his Punjab that was on top of his organ.

However, Nadir moved fats and grabbed his wrist; holding him back.

"No Erik. You promised me you wouldn't kill unless absolutely necessary. A promise you failed to keep last time", the said man tried to pull back but the Persian had a tight grip on him. "Listen to me, Erik!"

================================================

Erik struggled against his hold and was about to fight back when Daroga did something he usually doesn't do. He raised his voice and in seconds, Erik was on the ground, his face against the cold floor while his arm twisted behind his back.

His friend had one knee on his back and held his hand with an iron grip; a sneaky move that Erik could have countered if he hadn't dropped his guard and wasn't so focused on grabbing his Punjab.

"Listen to me, Erik. You are a wanted man throughout the whole of France. People might have you for dead but there is still a bounty on your head. On top of that, you finally crawled out from that hole you dug yourself 5 years ago. Do not throw everything aside now for a spoiled rich boy"

Erik took deep breaths as Nadir's words replayed in his mind. Slowly, his anger faded away and he was back to his normal self. Seeing it in his eyes, Nadir released him and took a step back.

"Morgana is a grown woman and she knows how to handle this. It is also a dinner Erik, a dinner. If you truly love her, you will let her handle it herself"

"But-"

"No buts! This is the mistake you did last time with Christine"

"Don't say her name!"

"I will, damn I will! This is what you did last time! You took every action into your own hands and didn't let her deal it as she wanted! Now, you are on the edge on the line and none of us wants to see you hanging from a rope!"

The two men panted as their waves of anger clashed along with their voices. However, Nadir was right at everything he said. He had done the fatal mistake of interfering too much, which gave him such bad name to Christine and he was also wanted dead.

"Fine. Looks like the Paris won't lose a useless member of its rich society", he said as he sat on his organ and pressed on the keys, creating a haunting sound. His good mood ruined and his anger was still there; on Nadir, on the count and even on Morgana.

She was the one who had hid it from him all along and dealt with the rich boy all on her own.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid Erik or this time, even I won't be able to save you from the hangers," Nadir said after a few minutes of haunting organ music.

"I promise," Erik said rather coldly without looking at him.

================================================