ANN: Your gonna make us late. Where are you?

She tapped the camera on her phone and looked over her make up and hair one last time before she started taking selfies. "I told you I was coming" Maurice interrupted her photo shoot. "Hey babe" she threw her arms around him and gave him a kiss. Holding her in his arms he rubbed her back soothingly and gripped her ass. Ann pulled back giggling and laced her fingers with his leading him into the office. The woman at the front counter greeted her politely smiling "Hello, do you have an appointment today?" Returning the smile Ann quickly responded "Yes Ann Kidd" Handing her a clipboard and typing her name into the computer the receptionist instructed them to have a seat until they were called. Maurice sat in the corner seat and pulled out his phone while Ann filled out the paperwork.

MAURICE: What are you doing?

RAI: Talking to my cousin.

MAURICE: You relaxing? You know that is the meaning of bed rest right!

RAI: I'm not over exerting myself Maurice. I'm fine 🙄🙄

MAURICE: I was just checking on you, but I see that moodiness is kicking in so I'll talk to later.

RAI: Whatever Mr.Chambers!

Shaking his head he exited out of that thread and sent another message

MAURICE: What time did she leave?

CHRIS: About 30 mins after you.

MAURICE: Damn. Alright, let me know when she gets back.

CHRIS: On it.

"You gonna be on the phone the whole time?" Maurice put his phone back on the holder on his belt. "Right.... cause
I could be helping you fill out the paperwork that asked about your health and family history" he exhaled loudly and looked at the TV. Ann smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes. Wendy Williams was on, but the volume was so low he couldn't hear what she was talking about. " I don't care what they say, that's a damn man!"  Ann looked up to see who he was talking about and started laughing. He was not going to sit here and deal with attitude and argue with her the whole time about texting his fiance. She knew what the deal was, but since she found out she was pregnant she wanted to start acting like they were a "family".
Ann finished the paperwork and turned it in to the receptionist and after a half hour of waiting and small talk they were finally called to the back. "Finally" Maurice stated as he put his hand on the small of her back and they followed the nurse to the small examination room.

The whole time they were eating Rai couldn't really enjoy herself, because she was trying to make sure she left enough time to go see Malik and Maurice text message made her paranoid

The whole time they were eating Rai couldn't really enjoy herself, because she was trying to make sure she left enough time to go see Malik and Maurice text message made her paranoid. "You don't seem like your really hungry. I thought when pregnant woman had cravings they would clean a plate, your just pushing your food back and forth. It's not good?" Adonis asked after he noticed she had barely touched her food and he had finished his 10 minutes ago. "Oh, no its delicious, I just thought I'd have a bigger appetite. I had a big breakfast. Just sitting here talking to you was really the whole point behind this brunch right?" She put a small forkful of the fried lasagna in her mouth to prove her point. "Well I was very surprised you agreed to meet me" He took a swallow of his Sprite and sat back in his chair. "Really, why is that?" Rai pushed the food into her jaw so that it wouldn't show when she talked. "I did notice you are involved, so why did you agree to meet? You must not be happy?!" Rai put her fork down, wiped her mouth with a napkin, and bit her bottom lip thinking about how to answer him. She didn't want to be one of those people that made it seem like they were utterly miserable in their  relationship and end up stringing someone along giving them false hope. She took a drink of her pink lemonade while she tried to figure out how to answer the question. "Well, I'll just say things aren't what they were before. Were definitely going through something rough right now and honestly I'm still sorting out my feelings" Nodding his head in understanding Adonis leaned forward, placed his elbows on the table and looked her in the eyes "So do you think its wise to start spending time with me while your "sorting" your feelings? I would hate to get in the way." The way he was talking he wanted to have more than friendship and right now that's definitely something she was not looking for."I don't think that our friendship will get in the way. As long as I'm honest with myself and you, there shouldn't be any problem. I mean...unless you were looking for more...." She sat back in the chair and pressed gently on the baby because she was kicking her ribs. "Hey, I told you before, the balls in your court. If that what would make you comfortable than that's the role I will play. Not many women intrigue me, for some reason you peak my interest. I will be whatever you need me to be." Rai raised her eyebrows and checked her phone because a message came through.

LADY: Hey babygirl. How you feeling?

RAI: Hi mommy. I'm doing good, just having brunch with a friend.

LADY: A friend huh?!🤔🤔. Be careful baby. I won't interrupt just call me later. I love you.

RAI: Yes Lady, just a friend. I'll call you later. Love you too 😘❤

"That's him huh?! Gotta go?" Adonis asked after he waited to regain her attention. " That was my mom, but I actually do have to run I have something else to tend to." She informed him while gathering her things. Reaching in her wallet and pulling out thirty dollars she handed him the bills and thank him. Adonis swat her hand away and pursed his lips "Come on now, you know that's not gone fly." Rai giggled as she put the money back into her wallet. "And a gentleman? Mmm...." What she didn't say was that made him more attractive to her, but she didn't want to send mixed signals. "I'm sorry I have to go, but I did enjoy our....lunch." Adonis stood and waited for her to be ready to go and he walked her to her car. After she was seated he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "Don't push your body too much, you look like your ready to pop! You should really be headed somewhere to put those pretty ass toes up and relax. Later beautiful" Smiling and blushing she waved goodbye and threw her car in reverse to speed off to the hospital.

"Hey there, how you feel today?" Rai asked Malik as she flopped down in the chair. Malik just looked at her. "Ok that was a stupid question. The nurse told me you were napping, did you just not want visitors today?" Clearing his throat first "It's cool" his voice still came out raspy. "Here, let me get you some water." The pitcher on his side table was full with ice cold water. "Have you been drinking much?" She asked him as she leaned over to put the straw to his chapped lips. After he had finished the whole cup she sat it down and started looking on the counter  through the stuff in the basin. "They don't put vaseline on your lips? You need some." She didn't find any so she dug in the bottom of her purse and pulled out her own chapstick. "You got jokes?" He asked as he watch her coming in his direction with the small tube. Smacking her lips "No, you just can't be comfortable with your lips this dry." Her hands were shaking a bit while she applied the chapstick, because she was afraid she would hurt him. Some of the swelling had gone down, but his face was still bruised. "I'm surprised you came back." He said just above a whisper. "You know I wouldn't leave you like this if I could help it. I wish I was able to come everyday." She was now examining his hands and legs, she didn't like the fact that his skin was ashy. "When they give you a sponge bath or bed bath or however they clean you, you don't get lotioned?" She was back looking in the basin for the lotion. "You don't have to do that Raichelle" she winced at him calling her by her full name, it sound so impersonal. "Stop fussing over me and sit your wobbling ass down." He mumbled while he pat the side of the bed with his good hand gesturing for her to sit there. "I'm just trying to make sure your ok." She made her way slowly over to him and sat down as he instructed.
Most of her time there she was trying to help with his care, but she was limited to what she could do because of her belly. She saw to it that he was bathed and helped lotion him and she fed him herself when they brought up his food. Before she left she spoke with the doctor about the progress he was making and what the plan of care was. Which included his condition, the progress he was making, a list of his medications and the therapy schedule. By the time she left the hospital it was almost ten o'clock. It was never her intention to stay so long, she just felt the need to be there for him.

                     🥰😍😘❤
Happy memorial day! Hopefully I'm making it easy to piece together. Thanks again for the time to read my story. As always remember to comment, share and vote.