Chapter Seven

Grey grinned as he began to think about the situation he was in. He did not really care that Sandra was sleeping with someone else. Heck, he had a hot single mom looking after his children.

Wait, did he say hot?

He shook his head as his grin faded, replaced a frown. He was sleepy and it was one of those rare nights that Sandra did not nag him. He closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber. Then he had a dream.

He was walking in the forest breathing heavily. His pants were sounding horse and his footsteps were clumsy. He looked at his hands and saw huge claws and he roared at the moon and began to move faster as a particular scent hit him. He ran faster and faster then he pounced on something which had a high pitched scream.

He woke up with a start and looked out of the window facing him. It was raining and he some how felt scared. Thunder blasted through the room causing a blackout and he slept off still having that feeling of fear in him. But it was not his fear it was one of his ofsprings an he could hear them through the mind link, he could feel them trembling, his body shaking badly as thunder blasted through the sky again. This time he had a dream.

'Mommy, I am scared.' he heard a familiar voice say.

'I know honey, I know.' wait was that Abby?

'Mommy, why won't the rain stop?' he heard a cute voice say which was Lyla's. Then he saw the senereo play out from someone's perspective. He found himself hiding and shaking badly. Then the thunder clapped and he squealed in fear except that was not his voice. It was George's.

'George honey,' he heard a sweet voice say. He opened his eyes and saw it was Abby's face looking as sweet as possible. The he felt himself being dragged out of his hiding place and being wrapped around protective arms as the thunder clapped again.

'It is okay honey I am here,' he heard a soft voice say, then he felt himself being stroked at the back of his neck making his wolf growl. 'And I will always be right there.' then he saw Lyla and Brandon hugging her.

'Always'

Then he woke up, his parental instincts driving him crazy. That was was no dream, it was real. The fear the hug, heck, even the touch was real. He jumped out of the couch grabbed his keys and drove off to Abby's house and when he got there, he banged so hard on the door that he was sure it was broken. George opened the door rubbing his eyes and before Grey could stop himself, he scooped George in his arms and hugged him.

"I am so sorry," he cried. "I am so sorry."

George squirmed trying to pry himself away from Grey's tight grip. His squirming turned into a full on struggle as he found himself struggling to breathe.

"You're chocking me!" he cried and it was then that Grey loosen his grip. Seizing the opportunity, George slipped out of his grip and ran behind Abby who was standing there with the remaining children gripping her legs protectively with eyes filled with fear. Abby had her face filled with shock and as if on que thunder clapped making the children scream again.

Then it hit him, it was still evening and he just drove thirteen miles to see them all because they were scared. He felt like kicking himself but before he could do that, he had to explain what he was doing here, in the middle of the night and in the middle of a thunderstorm.

"Mr Stone what are you doing here?" Abby asked in shock her chest rising up and down in her silk nightgown. Grey immediately fixed his eyes there but snapped out of it.

"I uh," he stuttered scratching his head akwardly. "I um..."

Then the thunder clapped followed by  a scream and the light flickered and switched off. Within half an hour, Abby lit all the candles and pretty soon, her and the kids were cuddled up against Grey sleeping soundly in the living room. Grey kept the children company as she lit the candles and brought pillows and blankets and when she was done, he wanted to explain but she yawned and told him that she will listen to him in the morning. He held Lyla tight as he thought hard.

'I have to tell her the truth,' he looked at Abby as she held George who buried his head in her bossom. Then he imagined himself burying his face instead. Then a naughty smile played on his face as his imagination ran wild.

Grey shock his head to take away the thoughts and wiped the smile off his face.

'Aww, c,mon.' his wolf growled.

'Stop that!' he screamed inside.

'You have to admit, those are bigger than Sandra's"

Grey blushed as he mentally compared Abby's bossoms with Sandra's and he had to admit that Abby's was bigger.

'And that ass...'

"Shut up," he whispered to himself.  Then his eyes traced down her features and he felt his cheeks turn red as his eyes rest on her hips. He quickly shook himself back to reality and sighed.

"She is not mine." he said as he looked away, still blushing hard. Then his eyes rest on a family picture of her and the kids when they were babies, her holding them with a huge smile on her face and the children looking so adorable with their silver eyes. Silver eyes which they took from him. Then another picture which showed her kissing one of the babies as he smiled. He could not tell if it was Brandon or George or Lyla. He looked around the house which was inviting him to explore the secretes there. So he slipped out of Lyla's grasp, rook one of the candles and began to wander round the house. He looked around and saw one picture which she was pregnant wearing a long pink dress with long hair and holding a whit rose. Then the next one was her doing the peace sign behind a woman's head and sticking her tongue out. Grey suspected that the woman was her mother but could not see any similarities between them. He looked at mote pictures and noticed that there was not which had the father in them which brought more questions than answers. Well at least the pictures confirmed that she was telling the truth about her being the mother of the children.

His search for answers lead him to Abby's room. There he saw pictures of her from her baby picture down to her being a mom. She had a bright smile in all the pictures and that smile made him think of Anastasia. He sighed then his eyes landed on a thick black book lying near the nightstand. He picked it up and when he opened it, he was hit with a phrase, 'Dear Dairy,'.

He smiled as he hid the book in his jacket. He found her dairy, therefore, he found the answer to all his nagging questions. Sneaking back to the living room he hid the dairy under the couch, laid next to Lyla and slept off.

He woke up early and saw that they were still sleeping. He watched them as they slept for a while and proceeded to stand up and silently sneak out of the house. He entered his car and drove off before saying, the words, "I am sorry,".

Grey drove home with a heavy heart and a guilty conscience.