Chapter Four

Grey watched, his heart pounding as Abby came closer to him. As he looked at her, he began to have doubts that this woman was the mother of his children, she was too short and adding the fact that she was a human made it inhumane for her to carry his kids let alone giving birth to them; in other words she would have been dead. But his scent was stronger than ever on her making him have doubts again and why was he having an internal heart attack when she came close and why was she so familiar?

With these thoughts racing through his mind, he lost his tongue when Abby spoke to him.

"Good morning Mr Stone," she said. It was then he finally came to his senses.

"Oh sorry," he said. "I was lost for a moment."

Abby looked at him with concern. "Are you okay?" and when he nodded,  Abby pointed something out to him. "You have bags under your eyes, have you been sleeping well?"

He rubbed his eyes in vain attempt to get the dark circles away from his eyes. "I have been over working myself."

'Humph yeah right?' his wolf said.

"...you should sleep well and eat. Maybe that will get rid of the dark circles."

"Yeah umm thanks" he paused looking for the right words to say.

"So what brings you here?" Abby asked.

Grey shrugged and tried desperately to look for the right words to say. "I wanted to get to know you better?"

Abby shrugged. "What do you want to know about me?"

"Everything?" the words flew out automatically.

"Seriously?" his wolf said.

"Umm," Abby said blushing. "I am a single mom with three kids." she said bluntly.

Grey rose an eyebrow. "And?"

Abby blushed again. "And I work here?"

Grey smiled inside him. "This is kinda awkward isn't it?"

Abby nodded and looked away.

"Do you know who the father is?"

Grey watched as the color faded from Abby's face and she looked down.

"I don't know who the father is." she said meekly. "And I don't want to know."

Grey was taken aback by how fierce the last statement was. His wolf growled and something in him cracked. He was about to say something when a phone rang followed by a mind link.

'Where the hell are you Grey?' an angry voice of his alpha yelled.

Grey was about to answer when Abby interrupted him.

"I have to go pick them up from school." she said putting the phone in her bag.

"C... can I follow you?" Grey stuttered.

'Grey answer me!' the voice yelled again.

"Sure if you want." she said cheering up. "Do you know Cornfield Kindergarten?"

Grey struggled to block the mind link. His alpha was practically yelling in his head and it was causing a head ache. He was sure his sister whined to him about something related to him and he was not in the mood to argue with a seemingly overprotective alpha.

"Yeah," he grunted rubbing his temples. "Yeah I know the place."

Abby looked at him with concern in her face. "Mr Stone are you okay?"