CH-19

Weston Hogthrone

*gunshot*

Sunny and Miya flinches and looks at the mansion from the car's window but nothing was there.

The officers reacted the same way the girls did. One of the officers was getting out to check but the others stop him saying "Wait! NO!, Clair said not to come out until she tells us to, Let's wait for some time. Moreover, she said not to leave these girls alone no matter what."

The girls overheard them, Miya frowned her "Huh?" Sunny sighed recollecting how she 'tried' to trick Clair the last time. "Shoot. I guess Officer Clair doesn't believe me anymore".

It was pin-drop silence in the mansion.

Suddenly Alrich punched the wall in frustration. His knuckles started to bleed and they became sore but Alrich didn't react to the pain.

"Stupid! Why do people always tell me what to do? Can't they listen to me at least? I want to kill her so bad but I cant." Alrich thinks.

Alrich glared at Clair and then snatched away butler's gun pointing it out.

"Listen here you women, My brother has ordered me to kidnap Miya and Sunny so that he can kill them which I don't want. He's gonna be here in two weeks for a meeting and he wants to make sure the girls are there at my house. I just want to stop my brother from killing people". He said in one go.

Clair is a woman who makes her own rules and does not follow what others say. She knew this was going to happen, that Alrich will try to trick her or make some kind of a deal.

"All right. Tell your guards to stand down right now, I'll tell my team the same. If you mean what you say then let's have a proper talk, this is not how I want to negotiate." Claire says after thinking for a minute after what Alrich said. Although she said she'll negotiate... she can't blindly trust anyone.

Alrich, although stubborn, agreed. Both Clair and Alrich kept their weapons close.

Alrich took a deep breath and started "My brother Weston Hogthrone, first heir of Hogthrone family led the mafia after my father. From a young age I had a lot of respect for my brother and always looked up to him but because of some problems he has become very unstable and violent" he paused when he mentioned 'problems'.

"He has already murdered many innocent and bad people. I am now trained to handle small things in the mafia and now that I have a position, I just want to stop to these so that he can be treated and also be imprisoned for his doings."

He paused raising his eyebrows at Clair wanting some response on which she nodded. He sighed and kept going.

"So, there is a meeting held in two weeks and my brother is coming here. His orders for us were to send him documents but it seems like Miya and Sunny found it first... so he found out before we did and ordered us to kidnap the girls and keep them here at the house. He plans to check and burn all the documents. And then kill the girls." he finishes.

Clair still found it hard to believe since he reluctantly spoke about the information. "Maybe he is just too young," she thinks.

The butler got embarrassed by how childlike Alrich just told everything. "He still has a lot to learn, he trusts people so easily," he thinks as he took out his phone and said.

"A man named Mr. Leonard would be arriving on the third week the first morning along with his colleagues for some business and Mr. Leonard is Weston Hogthrone, my boss who is coming to the town under a fake name. The flight and hotel tickets are already booked. If you want you can check this information." he held out his phone.

Clair and her team checked the information and to her surprise, it was all true and Alrich wasn't lying. She gives back the phone and says.

"I guess I will help you to catch your brother but that will not stop me from arresting you. I'll arrest you after all this is done. You were involved in many crimes although you didn't do much."

Alrich laughed. "Sure thing you foolish women, I'm not that dumb. I know that I'll get arrested."

Clair raised her eyebrows listening to what he says."I believe that you are on my team now and in my team, I don't like people disrespecting me".

"Hmm? I didn't disrespect. You are a women aren't you." he grins mockingly.

The butler came at his back smacking his head.

"Oww!?" he glared back at his butler rubbing his head.

"My apologies from him he does this to everyone. Now that everything is clarified I request you to inform the girls so that Boss doesn't suspect everything". Clair agrees and heads out telling the guards to stay alert.

As Clair goes out Alrich passes out but butler holds him"You are still flawed Young Master"

After what felt like hours Clair opened the van door and sat down in front of Miya and Sunny. She didn't want to explain anything. Not right now. She had enough of the day.

She just said, "You girls are staying with us for two weeks."

Both Sunny and Miya were shocked and confused. "But..." Sunny gets interrupted by Miya "TWO WEEKS?! What? Why? Didn't that guy get arrested? I thought this was over. I want to go to my parents-". Clair glared silencing Miya.

"You both are too involved for me to let go of you now. I'll keep you safe and I'll handle your parents, just do what I say until these two weeks are over".

"But why?" Miya wined with a long 'why'.

Clair glared as she said "You are just like him... disrespecting elders"

"HAA!? I was just asking-"Sunny cut Miya off thinking how worked up Agent Clair might have been, after all, she saved them. "Hey, there might be a reason anyways she is still with us. Thanks for saving us, Ms. Clair."

It was 3:00 in the morning. Clair arranged for a place to hide until the meeting. Staying anywhere else might be too risky, the place she chose to stay with the others was a secret hideout that only agents like Clair used for dangerous and important missions. So the place was equipped and was quite safe.

Alrich, his butler. Clair, the girls, and her team arrived at a place. They came in different cars. Girls didn't know even Alrich was going to stay there. Miya was still unwilling to go there.

Alrich arrived first, he had to let go of his guards he and his butler were enough. Clair's team kept a close watch on them.

Clair and girls arrived and went inside and went up to the first floor, one of the officers unlocked a door and everything inside looked clean, new, and organized. This would be the hiding place until the meeting. Miya and Sunny were given a room and food to eat. The food wasn't great and they were told not to roam anywhere, they were so restricted. It was just a secret hideout after all they couldn't expect a luxury service.

Miya was still silent, she didn't like staying with them at all. She thought everything was over but her fate as always decided something else. Sunny on the other hand was regretting about all the things that have happened to them just because of her curiousness.

Just when they thought things were going to be all right... Miya and Sunny ended up in a much worse situation. This time Miya and Sunny didn't hope for things to get better like last time. Unfortunately, it was a good thing that the girls didn't expect much because the coming days would get even more violent.