Suddenly, Stefan's phone started ringing and he answered it, Bonnie, Jeremy and Nat looking at him questioningly.

"Alaric." He said as he looked back at them. After a brief moment he pulled the phone away from his ear and got up. "He has Caroline and Elena." Nat's eyes widened as he walked over to the door without a word. Nat stood up and looked at Damon who picked up the picket and placed it over his shoulder.

"Bonnie." Nat called and the witch turned to her. "Go to Elena's room and change out of those clothes." She ordered. "Jeremy, stay here. And you." She turned to Damon. "With me." She walked over to the front door and found Stefan outside with Klaus.

"Now, I know you're not asking me to walk into a certain death." Klaus told Stefan.

"I really wish we could, but unfortunately, if Alaric kills you, there's a one in four chance that we die too." Stefan said as Damon and Nat walked out of the house.

"I'll take those odds." Damon told his brother.

"And a hundred percent chance that Tyler dies." Nat noted, but Damon only shrugged.

"I'm good with that too." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she looked between the three of them.

"Why don't we just figure out a way to put Alaric down?" Stefan told them and they nodded. Both he and Klaus started pacing around the porch as Damon and Nat leaned against the picket fence.

"Okay." Klaus stopped pacing and looked at the vampires. "How about Damon sneaks in and distracts Alaric while Stefan grabs Elena and carries her to safety?" He suggested.

"Huh, that's a great idea. What's to stop me from getting killed instantly?" Damon asked him and the hybrid smiled at him smugly.

"Nothing."

"Niklaus." Nat said loudly and he looked at her. "Be serious about this."

"This isn't really helping much." Stefan muttered frustrated.

"I might have an idea." Bonnie told them as she walked out too. "My mom used a desiccation spell on Mikael that immobilized him for over 15 years. If I can get it, I might be able to use it on Alaric." She explained and Nat nodded.

"If and might." Klaus noted. "Your words inspire such confidence."

"I'll get it." She told him determined. "But even with that spell, we'll need a lot of vampire muscle to take him down. Including yours." She told Klaus and then turned to Nat. "We'll need your siphoning too to be able to weaken him." Nat nodded and they turned to Klaus, who turned around and looked at the street.

"Just so we're clear, the sun sets in about eight hours. If we don't succeed before then, Elena will be dead, I'll be gone and the rest of you will be left to fend for yourselves." They exchanged glances at his words.

"Let's do this." Nat said out loud.