"So, what's the witchy work around?" Damon asked Bonnie and she frowned.

"That's the problem. I don't know." Nat sighed heavily and looked away.

"You are the only one who knew her." Stefan told Nat and she furrowed her brows. "She taught you magic, right?" She nodded at his words. "What could Esther have made his weakness?" She was about to tell him that it wasn't that easy, she just couldn't know what was his one true weakness, when the doorbell rang. They exchanged glances and went to the front door. They found Jeremy with the door already opened and Klaus outside.

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan asked him as he and Nat walked up to the door.

"Well, for starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside." He replied just as Damon walked up behind them.

"Why don't you go to your room?" Stefan told Jeremy and he frowned.

"Now." Damon said. Her brother turned to Nat and she nodded. He sighed before walking up the stairs, leaving both Salvatores and Nat to deal with the hybrid.

"Hm, poor lad. Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the likes of the two of you." Klaus told them and Nat glared pointedly at him.

"Yeah, about that." Stefan started. "Something happened."

"Oh, I know all about my mother's invulnerable little creation and that's why I'm here." The hybrid said. "I'm leaving town, just need to pick up a few road trip necessities. Spare tire, flashlight, doppelgänger." He listed and smiled at the last part. Nat narrowed her eyes and shook her head.

"Sorry, Nik, can't help you there." She said before shutting the door on his face. She turned to the brothers and they exchanged glances, before Stefan ran up the stairs.

"Elena!" Stefan yelled as Damon and Nat went to the living to see if Elena was there. After no sign of her sister, they went back, seeing Stefan running down the stairs with a worried look on her face.

"Where is she?" Damon asked him.

"She's not here."

"What do you mean she's not here? Where did she go?" Nat asked confused just as Bonnie walked towards them.

"What's going on?" She asked cautiously as Damon and Nat looked through the blinds, seeing Klaus pacing outside with a newspaper in his hands.

"Klaus wants in, we have to keep him out." Damon told her. Nat suddenly saw the hybrid pull his arm and threw the newspaper at the window. Her eyes widened and Damon grabbed her as they went down. "Ah, duck!" He yelled as the newspaper smashed through the window and flew into the living room.

"Ah, what the hell!" Nat yelled angrily as she got up. The others stood up too and Jeremy came running down the stairs. They went to the kitchen and Nat called Elena, but she didn't answer her phone. Stefan looked through the window in the kitchen and frowned.

"I think you're probably gonna want to let me in!" Klaus yelled.

"Elena's car is gone." He told them and Bonnie sighed.

"Why wouldn't she tell anyone where she was going?" She asked out loud. Before anyone could say anything else, the front door burst open and a soccer ball flew in. They whipped their heads to the door and noticed Klaus walking up the porch with two fence pickets in his hands. He hurled one of them into the house, narrowly missing Damon's head and getting stuck in the wall behind him.

"Get down!" Stefan yelled as he grabbed Bonnie, Jeremy and Nat and pulled them down behind the counter so they would be covered.

"Missed me!" Damon yelled angrily as he pulled the picket out of the wall and threw it back at Klaus. The picket grazed over his shoulder and he broke the other picket in half. He threw the first half at Damon again, but he hit a picture instead, breaking it instantly. "Missed me again!"