Chapter 29: Back To The Beginning

AN: Hi people in Wattpad! Sorry for not publishing this Wednesday like I promise, but Wattpad was glitching that day and refuse to let me publish anything so... yeah, I only published the chapter in fanfiction.net. But you guys will have s hotter wait! Another update tomorrow if all goes well and Wattpad don't glitch again!

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

"But it's true," Selyne countered as they entered Artemis' room. Selyne point to her parent. "Or my parent won't be sucking each other's face off."

Apollo stared in shock at them before he quickly sank into the nearest chair, clearly trying to process everything that's happening.

======= Now =======

Artemis and Percy pulled apart quickly and blushed at their daughter's comment. Selyne giggles before sitting down next to her uncle and softly rubbed his back. "You okay there?"

"I can't believe it," Apollo mumbled under his breath. Selyne sighed before asking Apollo again.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine," Apollo said, finally looking up to look at Selyne. "I'm fine. But I think you should explain the whole true love thing."

"Maybe in front of the council," Selyne decided before running toward her mother and pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

Artemis hugged her daughter back before asking them a question she was scared to ask. "How long was I out?"

"Just a few weeks," Percy replied. Artemis sighed in relieve, glad that it isn't a mouth or more. He was still holding hand with Artemis, afraid that once he let go, she would start fading again. "Let's get the council meeting over with."

"Of course," Artemis said with a grin before she kissed Percy again, causing Selyne to fake gag. Apollo chuckle at her expression but choose to not comment. "Come on."

Selyne smiled before taking her mother's outstretch hand as the family flashed away. Apollo flashed into the throne room after them.

======= Line Break =======

Hera was pacing outside the infirmary, don't know wheater to go in or not. Her son, Hephaestus was in there, having a major injuries. She hasn't been a good mother to him at all and she dreads going in there.

In the end, she gathers her courage and steps into the room. Hephaestus was laying there, staring at the ceiling. Even now, when he is injured, he's still fiddling with some metal. Hera sighed before approaching her son.

"Hello, Hephaestus," Hera mumbled softly. Hephaestus turned so he was facing his mother. He never likes her but she is still his mother. Hephaestus let out a sigh as well.

"Hello, mother," he greeted her. Hera sighed before sitting down next to her son on the bed.

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you," Hera started, and once she did, she couldn't stop herself. "I'm sorry for being a bad mother. I regret the day I throw you off Olympus. I realize that no child deserves that fate. I was a really, really bad mother. I judge you by your look and not by your heart. Can you ever forgive me?"

Hephaestus didn't answer for a long time, leaving the room in an awkward silence before finally answering his mother. "Yes, I will forgive you. But it'll take some time for me to trust you."

"Thank you," Hera whispered before pulling her son into a hug. Hephaestus melt into the embrace, for the first time for a long time, being hug by her mother. When she wasn't bonded or forced. She did it in her own free will.