Chapter 2: Another Affair

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

Several more explicit words spilled out of her mouth. Wow, Athena had a colorful tongue.

"One last push," Hestia encouraged. As a boy was born. Hestia cleaned the baby up before handing the baby to Athena.

"What will you call him?"

The baby opened his eyes, sea green like his father. A perfect name went up to her mind. "Perseus. He will be named Perseus."

======= Now =======

Leto ran as fast as she could. A wave of pain hit her again. She racked her brain, trying to remember. She remembered reading about an island without roots.

Stupid Hera and her stupid curse. She knew she would go into labor soon, she just didn't think this soon. As quickly as she could, she set sail for Delos. When she finally arrived, she wanted to kiss the ground. The pain was becoming unbearable.

"Oh great Delos," She said. "Please let me give birth here."

"But Hera-" Leto cut the island off.

"She said I can't give birth on land with roots. You don't have roots. And on the bright side, two more Olympians will be on your side."

"Of course my lady, come aboard."

======= Line Break =======

Athena was walking around the island of Delos when she heard a scream of pain. She ran forward to see what it was, scared of what the noise might have brought. It had been three days since she gave birth to Percy, her's and Poseidon's son. Since he was a god, he already looks like he was in elementary school.

She ran toward the scream, into a clearing and saw a woman. Leto, Athena thought her name was. She heard from Poseidonthat Zeus had another affair and Hera cursed the unassuming girl. She never liked Hera anyway, so Athena decided to help this poor woman.

"Are you Leto?" Athena asked as she continued walking toward the pregnant woman. Leto nodded, unable to think through the pain.

Leto stared at the woman in front of her who looked like the Olympian Athena. "Are you Athena?"

She nodded. She quickly held up her hands when she saw Leto trying to get away. "I promise I won't hurt you. I'm just trying to help."

Leto nodded, terrified, and let Athena approach.

======= Many Screams Later =======

A beautiful girl with auburn hair and silver eyes was born. She looked like she was three. Leto, gasping in relief, named her first daughter Artemis. However, unlike a normal baby who would cry in their mother's arms, the second she got out of her mother's womb, she helped Athena deliver her own twin brother.

Apollo was born seven minutes after Artemis. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, like his father. Leto lay on the ground, clearly exhausted after giving birth to two children.

Just as Leto was about to close her eyes, a little boy came out of the bushes. He ran toward Athena and looked at Apollo and Artemis in confusion. "Mommy, who are they?"

Leto looked at Athena in surprise. "Later," she promised. "You should rest first."

Leto nodded and closed her eyes, falling into a peaceful sleep.

======= Line Break =======

Artemis and Percy stared at each other. Finally, Percy held out his hand and said, "My name is Percy, what's yours?"